Im Leaving For The Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan013

So my recruiters are taking me to camp Williams to put me and my squad through some training, I'm not so concerned as I am that there are DS. coming from camp Pendltan to train us. Any suggestions on what I should do so I don't get my face kicked in?

TRY NOT TO SHOOT ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS!!

And don't hog all of the M.R.E's not matter how magically delicious they are, lol!

=========================================

*serious face now :angry *

Don't talk back to the man in charge.

Try your best trooper!

Be the "Master Chief" in your squad. Show them that you have great potential!

Good luck.

-Pony

P.S. If you do get your face kicked in for some reason(don't look at me like that, lol). Show of some pics!!

Don't be a greed hungry hero. Nobody likes that kind of hero. If one of your boys are hit, yell covering/supressing fire and run to grab the guy and drag him back to cover. Don't say stay in cover everybody, run out guns blazing and get gunned down in the process of grabbing the guy and dragging him back.

Don't talk back to the CO/CNO. always start your sentince with sir/mam, and end it with sir/mam. DON'T get them mixed up!

If your required to, blouse your trousers.

Ir required to, make sure your boot laces are tucked in.

Don't let your commanding officer chew you out for ANYTHING. Always best him/her. When you see them strugle to find something wrong with your uniform, your doing something right.

Keep your combat knife rust free

Keep your weapons clean and very well maintained.

Drill, drill, drill.

Look presentable while wearing your countries uniform! Make your fellow solders/CO's/NCO's/Famialy/Friends proud.

Participate in all of your activities. Try your best, don't mess up, and dont screw up while throwing a grenade.

Good luck.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Are you a Rifleman Sinper, or something else?

HAHA can't wait lol

-Pony

Im only 16, this is a program for future recruits But, I plan on being a Riflemen, I just work well with a squad of men than just my spotter/shooter,If they gave the chance to be a scout sniper I might take it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my brother's in the army and he's given me a few tips on what not to do. First of all, NEVER SAY "SORRY SERGEANT!" Cause they apparently will tell you " I AM NOT A SORRY SERGEANT!!" My brother said that the best thing to say is "My apology sergeant!" Yeah, thats my main advice to you.

I am now leaving thanks for all your help and tips(even you with the brother in the army). See you when I get back hopefully with pics.

Later.

Prfc.Ihrig

(Private. First. Class.) :)

I can't believe everyone missed the biggest thing.

He's going to hate life if he refers to them as Drill Sergeant.

Drill Instructors will be from MCRD San Diego most likely, not Pendleton.

As far as Marines go, don't apoligize for anything. If you screw up, make it a spectacular screw up, be 110% sure that what you were doing was the right thing, even if you messed up, and just don't mess up again next time. If they ask you what 2+2 is, and you answer 5, you say it with a straight face and don't backtrack.

Don't form sentences like "sir, yes sir." or "sergeant, yes, sergeant". Just "Yes, sir" or "Yes, Sergeant" is correct.

You won't be blousing trousers until you hit the third month of Boot Camp.

It's unlikely an officer will ever chew you out. I've only seen it happen once. Good luck if it ever devolves to that. Your NCOs should be on the ball and catching any mistakes you make before any officer does.

This is all a bit late, but getting yelled at is part of the fun and experience of training.

Work on your spelling and grammar when you get back. If you're going to be a Marine, especially infantry, you gotta be a smart mindless-death-machine. It should be "My squad and I" in your sig, and you've got some run-on sentences. PT and shooting are important, but war is a thinking man's game.

I hope by the time you read this, you've had a good, enlightening, and motivating experience at Camp Williams.

If you ever have questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

R/S,

Cpl Yuan, Daniel

USMC, 4th Force Reconnaissance Company

I respect you guys in the Armed Serviced more than you can all imagine. On a recent flight home from Chicago, I sat next to a guy returning from boot camp. He was a bit older (25) and had only recently decided to enlist. Based on the experiences he told me about concerning his training, I can honestly say with full conviction that I would not be able to do the things you guys do.

Best of luck to you, sorry I can't be of any help for your particular situation, but much respect nonetheless.

I'm back Ill have pics in a day or two. I cannot lift my arms above my head, I am SO sore! Thanks for the advice I used it when it was needed. It was pretty fun over all though and a very enlightening experience.

Day 1

We got to the barracks around 10:47 PM and got situated. I shared a bunk with my friend Ryan(A.K.A Squirrel, He's very short but runs fast as hell though.)He was on the top bunk I was on the bottom bunk. We stayed up until 11:37 getting situated and delegating responsibility's Fire watch and flag holder. I got the 12:30-1:30 shift for fire duty.

Our recruits went "Fishing" and by "Fishing" they mean Drinking beer and going to sleep. Before they left they said that if we found anyone butf###### to beat the crap out of them.

I started my shift and about an hour into it I looked out the window and the drill Sargents had arrived I immediately shouted "SARGENT ON DECK" ran to the side of my bunk and started putting my shirt on. I turn around and Ryan swung his legs over the side of the bunk and hit me in the face with his foot. The Drill Sargents had already come in and I was still getting up off the floor, Wrong move I guess because the first Sargent through the door Started chewing me out. The Sargents then started doing it to the other recruits. One guy next to me stood up to quick and locked his knees he fell out of line passed out. One Sargent prodded him with his boot and walked over him. Standing in front of me he yelled at me to pick this kid up and get him some water, yelling "YES SIR!" I proceeded to lift him up, I got him on my back and started heading towards the drinking fountains. The Sargent Yelled " RECRUIT WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING!?". Answering I said"TAKING THE RECRUIT FOR SOME WATER SIR!" He then Told me to run around the barracks with him on my back. I got about half way around when the guy on my back wakes up and freaks out and starts hitting my on my head I just stood up and dropped him on the ground. He got up way too fast and passed out again. I picked him back up and started towards the front of the barracks again. Seeing me the Sargent the asked if I was a fat recruit I said "NO SIR" Are you a chubabub? NO SIR! THAN HURRY THE F### UP. He then told me to drop the recruit and get inside I did so and went and stood next to my bunk.

#######

After that we went over to an open field and ran for ever it seemed like we then did the combat fitness test.

I got to the end and had to stop and stand at attention because I went to slow apparently. I was ahead of everyone though so it didn't make any sense at all.

I then had to do push ups until I couldn't do any more. I got up went to the back of the line of recruits and started to run with them again. We had to carry someone on our back about 100 yards I got half way and puked I kept running though. I got done and fell over on the ground the Sargent running with me grabbed my water bottle and dumped its contents on my face. We then whet to the Leadership training area. My squad was the only one that didn't fall in the mud or water. That was basically our resting period. They then ran us to the squad tactics area one of the Sargents went to the front and said welcome to the proving grounds. I looked to the side of the line I was in and saw a war torn looking city. They then started passing out paint ball guns, armor,Face masks and Paint balls.

He then told us to split up into sixteen four man squads. I found Squirrel and two more guys and started putting my mask and armor on.

He then told us the rules and showed us how to fire,reload and unjam our guns. Then put his face mask on and split the sixteen squads in half gave the squad that he split from the middle blue bandannas we got red. The Sargent then said " Blues choose your side." He turned around and said " Blues head in, Red follow in 30 seconds after.". The blues went in and 30 seconds or so later the Sargents voice came over a loud speaker and said "You all should know this quote Welcome to the suck!" We all ran in and took our side. The Sargents voice came over the loud speakers again and said "Blues and Reds you have 2 minutes to make a strategy, Remember This is a last man standing game so plan wisely. You will start the game when you hear the buzzer go off. Good luck!".

We decided that my squad would set up a cross fire on two buildings and watch the sides and flank after that we were to go to the left and try to flank any squads we could find.

The buzzer went off and me and Squirrel sprinted over to the buildings and started unloading on the squads coming down the middle. We picked two maybe three squads off and got off the roofs one of the guys in my squad got hit and the other was still on the roof trying to get down. He finally got down and we tried flanking the rest of the squads. We got pinned down inside a blown out building, Squirrel and I got up and started doing covering fire while the other guy (I cant remember his name)ran out and took two guys out before getting hit.

Thats all I can post right now I'll get the rest tomorrow.​

Finally I can get on the computer we were switching internet providers and I couldn't get on so to finish my story (I wrote this stuff down in a note book).

We decided that my squad would set up a cross fire on two buildings and watch the sides and flank after that we were to go to the left and try to flank any squads we could find.

The buzzer went off and me and Squirrel sprinted over to the buildings and started unloading on the squads coming down the middle. We picked two maybe three squads off and got off the roofs one of the guys in my squad got hit and the other was still on the roof trying to get down. He finally got down and we tried flanking the rest of the squads. We got pinned down inside a blown out building, Squirrel and I got up and started doing covering fire while the other guy (I cant remember his name)ran out and took two guys out before getting hit.

We then took our positions on the roof again and sat there for five to ten minutes. We didn't see any one and then we heard a bunch of yelling coming from behind us, we turned around and saw the rest of the Red only 17 left in all rounding the corner. We got offof the roof and caught one of the guys in the back and asked what was going on, He said " All the blues are in one building and aren't coming out so were going to all just rush in and shoot them as we find them". He barely got finish talking and every one scattered.

I turned and saw paint balls every were. Turns out they had 8 guys sit at the biggest window and just started shooting when they saw us. Me and squirrel Dropped to the ground and waited for the shooting to stop. As soon as it stopped we got up sprinted over to a building and took cover behind it. Squirrel thought he got hit when he dropped down, But he wasn't. We saw the rest of the Reds rushing into the building (Still yelling) paint balls were flying out of the windows.

Me and squirrel sprinted to the rest of the Reds and help clear rooms on The last room I did me and squirrel were in the front and got hit and were out we walked out of the building and sat in the "Dead Box" with the other Reds. We barely got there when the Drill Instructor came over and said to start doing push ups, sit ups or pull ups(Palms out). Me and squirrel started doing sit ups and pull ups. We did those for a few minutes. We heard the Dril instructors over the loud speakers and say" Red Team Has VICTORY".

We then saw the rest of Blue team geting drilled by a drill instructor. Red team then came wooping and yelling around the corner. Our Recruiters came to the side of the dead box with the vans and said "Ready to go to Mc'Ds(McDonald's)" We all Said "Hell Yes".

Thats basically it We just went to McDonald's and went Home and slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back