Im New to Pepakura and Need Help With my File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkl1ng2

I'm new to this and just unfolded a 3d model and want someone to check my work I guess. Some pieces are single panels and others are slivers and I don't know if I should exclude them because they interfere with folding tabs. It is a complicated model for a beginner but I still want this helmet. My plan was to make a mold from the pepakura and cast a resin helmet. Any help is great.
If there is already an unfolded Halo Wetwork helmet file out there that would be amazing.
I also don't know how to attach a file to this thread.

First off, welcome to the 405th!

Second, a wetwork pepakura was done for Halo 4 but not Halo 5. If you can live with 4, go hit the orange download button in the top right corner of this page and look at the pdo file: Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Wetwork. It's a very clean pep file.

Third, your pep you have there looks workable. I'd ignore the slivers and concentrate on the large portions. If you find that there are spots where the slivers were necessary, just grab a spare scrap of paper and make the filler piece by hand. Let bondo do the rest.

First off, welcome to the 405th!

Second, a wetwork pepakura was done for Halo 4 but not Halo 5. If you can live with 4, go hit the orange download button in the top right corner of this page and look at the pdo file: Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Wetwork. It's a very clean pep file.

Third, your pep you have there looks workable. I'd ignore the slivers and concentrate on the large portions. If you find that there are spots where the slivers were necessary, just grab a spare scrap of paper and make the filler piece by hand. Let bondo do the rest.
Hey thanks. I'll probably start with that one since it has simpler shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back