I'm officially starting my halo armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part i don't like showing partial pieces, but I thought you guys might like at least a small update.

IMG_20121031_015359_zps226c1a6a.jpg

And the truck bed lining is coming along but i realized that i can only do two coats and after coating if you deicide to use this method you'll need about six hours between coats as well as some sort to hard clear coat after. The lining cracks if flexed on the foam.

Here is my suit in full

IMG_20121108_112551_zps824a82c3.jpg

IMG_20121108_112551_zps824a82c3.jpg

It's not done but enough for the release and I'm still planning on completing it for the release of 5 & 6. Plus i just look awesome in it.

your armor is coming together really well! how did you get the knee guards to stay on?

I used nylon webbing straps and literally sewed them on so it looks like nothing holds it up. But truth be told with the knees on it i may need to either shorten the thigh even more or just take them off. plus the belt comes off in two pieces, just saying it helps if your going to work in it like i did, or any long convention. At least for the guys who need to make a pit stop. That and the back portion of the belt is going to be strapped onto the back of the back/chest plate to keep me walking tall and straight as well as the belt. Just some tips i found while wearing it for about twelve hours plus

I think the armor looks great so far :)
mine wasnt 100% done for the release but it was wearable lol.

After this one I'm building my wife one and then making the recon chest piece from four. I'm not sure about the arms or legs yet however. The helmet will have to be decided after i unlock more of them from Spartan Ops.

Looks good. My friend invited me over yesterday to try Halo 4. We played through the entire thing.......... AAAWWWEEEESSSOOOMMMEEEEEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back