I'm taking a break, sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow 405th members. Since I've taken a huge interest in engineering, I decided to join my high school robotics team with some friends. In my last post here on the 405th, I promised a few more projects to come soon. Unfortunately I just haven't had time. I have school from 7 in the morning to 3, and Robotics is everyday after school till 7 and even on weekends. So I really just don't have a lot of time right now to build props.

So as of now I will be taking a small break. I won't be gone, but just not "active." I'll still be lurking the forums occasionally when I can, and I'll offer help and advice when it's needed, but I won't be doing any building myself. Robotics will end around the end of February to beginning of March, so I'll be back up to full strength when its over. So I'll see you guys around. Stay safe and keep building.

Bulldog

Not a wraith or scorpion, but we did build a CNC router over the summer, which i'm now allowed to use whenever i want. so when i make more stuff, expect some of it to be made from a CNC

Robotics will end around the end of February to beginning of March
Sounds to me like you're competing at FIRST. Is that so? And you all are meeting and working more than the team I'm on. Lol. We just do weekdays until like 6. And if it is FIRST that you are talking about, it actually ends in mid-March, not the beginning. If you lose at the competition, that is.

Sounds to me like you're competing at FIRST. Is that so? And you all are meeting and working more than the team I'm on. Lol. We just do weekdays until like 6. And if it is FIRST that you are talking about, it actually ends in mid-March, not the beginning. If you lose at the competition, that is.

yeah we're doing FIRST. Your right it doesn't end until mid March, but for what i do its pretty much over at the end of Feb. I design the robot in AutoDesk Inventor, and a few friends and I build it. The dead line we're aiming for as builders/designers is late Feb. The driving team goes in after that to work with the robot. My hours of work decrease dramatically when the drivers come in, so that's when I'll be able to focus on my work.

So you do FIRST eh? Where are you located? We're in New Jersey

yeah we're doing FIRST. Your right it doesn't end until mid March, but for what i do its pretty much over at the end of Feb. I design the robot in AutoDesk Inventor, and a few friends and I build it. The dead line we're aiming for as builders/designers is late Feb. The driving team goes in after that to work with the robot. My hours of work decrease dramatically when the drivers come in, so that's when I'll be able to focus on my work.

So you do FIRST eh? Where are you located? We're in New Jersey
This is my first year of FIRST, but I'm missing the competition, because I will be on vacation... Oh, I am designing too! But I'm just making a 3D model of what the other people build, but I did design and come up with the idea of what our minibot will be (Well it's still a prototype, but I spearheaded the idea of it, and will help a lot with the building of it.). I am in the sad, sad place of Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back