In Desperate Need of Help (MKV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdAstra029

So, I have the complete high-definition pep files for the CE MK V by Rhinoc, and I started assembly recently and I noticed that these files are really, really small, and the unfolds I'm using won't really support scaling up past 20%. Has anyone tried messing with these files and know if they're supposed to be like this?

Also, just clarifying, only including the files for reference because I'm brand new to this and have no idea what I'm doing, I don't claim these as my own and each of these I'm pretty sure has the original watermark.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    79.2 KB · Views: 246
  • mk v by rhinoc helmet.pdo
    323 KB · Views: 252
  • mk v by rhinoc left bicep.pdo
    40.2 KB · Views: 249
  • mk v by rhinoc left boot.pdo
    50.8 KB · Views: 278
  • mk v by rhinoc left forearm.pdo
    79.8 KB · Views: 261
  • mk v by rhinoc left hand plate.pdo
    12.8 KB · Views: 258
  • mk v by rhinoc left thigh.pdo
    105.1 KB · Views: 256
  • mk v by rhinoc left shin.pdo
    88.1 KB · Views: 248
  • mk_v_by_rhinoc_chest unfold bryce.pdo
    200.7 KB · Views: 252
Are you working in pepakura to open these files? And the software wont let it scale up past 20%? That is very strange. Maybe armorsmith can help with this but I dont know what the cause of this would be. TurboCharizard ?
I am using the official Pepakura software, and it isn't the software that won't let me past 20%, it's the model itself. One of the edge pieces is really large and won't fit on a page in any configuration past that, and what I'm trying to figure out is if it's just my inexperience that's making this seem off or if the files themselves are messed up. I'm honestly guessing it's the former

If I understand what you are saying this should be an easy fix. Some pictures would help to give us a better idea. Some of the unfolds are going to be larger than your standard sheet of paper. If the part is bigger than the sheet, then pepakura should automatically add more sheets of paper to accommodate for its size. When printed, all you have to do is tape the two sheets of paper together and then cut it out.

If I understand what you are saying this should be an easy fix. Some pictures would help to give us a better idea. Some of the unfolds are going to be larger than your standard sheet of paper. If the part is bigger than the sheet, then pepakura should automatically add more sheets of paper to accommodate for its size. When printed, all you have to do is tape the two sheets of paper together and then cut it out.
I honestly didn't know pepakura did that, so thanks! In your experience, is there some process that requires you to separate pieces of the armor so that you can put it on? The opening for the wrist in the original scale is large enough to fit my wrist snugly, but there's no way I'll be able to fit my hand through there which leads me to believe that there is some more complex way of putting these on.
Thank you for all of your help!
Capture.PNG

You could also "Cut up" larger pieces......Pep allows you to separate joints/seams to accommodate for paper size. Then you can increase the size to fit your particular size. Actually, it would be easier to first resize the whole piece and then cut to fit on the paper.......

I am trying to remember who did this, but there are A few members that have cut out the indented part near the wrist, and have used some elastic to reatatch it to the armor in a way that it can stretch and open up for the hand to fit through.
I know MoeSizzlac has a cutout at his wrist and ankle.

I am trying to remember who did this, but there are A few members that have cut out the indented part near the wrist, and have used some elastic to reatatch it to the armor in a way that it can stretch and open up for the hand to fit through.
I know MoeSizzlac has a cutout at his wrist and ankle.

Yep.
You can do what I did...or something similar.

Take the forearms for example: I cut out a piece (very finely) off of the forearm and reattached it using Stretchrite and hot glue. This will allow the armor to flex for you.

20190208_074158.jpg
20190208_074213.jpg
20190208_074223.jpg

Having a problem with the shin? Use this same technique only take out the lower back portion:

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back