Introducing Myself And Thanking The 405Th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf96

( Figured I should have posted this here instead of in Ithica's CQB thread )

I am new to the forums and to the 405th site and I hope that I am not in the wrong area for my comment. Ithica, you and SH are basically the reason I have found the 405th as I was doing some research on making my own helmet design for my Rogue 1 helmet cam system ( gallery pics up of my prototype design ). After many months of building my prototype system I decided it just didnt feel right having all my cams and lights sticking out all over the place. So I decided to look around and see what other options were out there. I decided, as I am a medically retired Federal Detective and 100% disabled Vet, that since I had all this time on my hands why not build my own helmet so I could actually mold the cameras, lights LCD screen, comm and wiring INTO the helmet itself. That brings me to how I found you, Soaring Hammer and the 405th. If anyone has the knowledge base to guide someone in this type of quest it is all of you.

So since I cannot create a new topic as far as I know, I found your post on the Halo CQB helmet, which is the design I feel best fits my BASE model to go from.

So I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, and thank you for your true knowledge on the how to's when it comes to making these remarkable helmets.

So just a brief on what Ill be searching for as a "noob" on the 405th.

I have chosen the CQB helmet design as my base model to make my first original Rogue 1 helmet.

It fits what I need for field of view and space for all the gadgets.

Im trying to figure out what process I should use to actually have "slots" into the helmet for the camera's, lights and wiring system for power/AV adapters.

Im also looking to try and beef up the strength on the helmet to withstand simple blows to the head as it is built for night time use, and we all know that IR can only get you so far and there are chances you may run into a wall or two :) .

Yes I do play Halo, which is were all my ideas have come from for my best design to work from for my system. I play with my son when he comes over on an xbox360 system ( not online ), and he is the one that said " HEY dad what about this helmet design?".

I have started my base Pepakura design, but Im in the process of streamlining it since I dont need what most of you want, the true CQB look and design, so I dont need a lot of the detail that Pepakura goes into.

I have also started a oil based clay mold that I will be working with side by side to find the best match.

I think I will be doing the basic CQB design with Pepakura then using the clay on top of that to design the actual slots for the camera and lights, then making a cast and mold of the complete system. I downloaded Pepakura 3 viewer as im not ready to actually purchase the full version yet, and I dont believe it lets me resize in version 3, so it will be a trial and error on fit and space for the lcd monitor inside the helmet without giving up too much field of view.

So its 830 am ( I am in the southern Texas area ) and I believe Ive been long winded in introducing myself and my idea, most likely in the wrong area. But since this is Ithica's CQB thread and that is where my ideas and inspirations have come from, I felt it the best place to start out.

Feel free to look at my prototype design pictures and throw any ideas you have at me. I have nothing but time on my hands for this project so any input will be taken in.

Thanks again

Wolf

Rogue Wolf Studio

It is amazing how things work out. I am glad you found me and Soaring Hammer and ended up in the right location...405th. There are a great amount of Members that will do anyting to help you. If there is anything you need, just ask. I look forward to seeing updates on this project.

Ithica

From the 405th and Soaring Hammer, welcome to the 405th Wolf!

" If anyone has the knowledge base to guide someone in this type of quest it is all of you."

You're correct. This is the place for it! I recommend pm-ing any member who you see doing work you may have questions about. Some of the members are busy and may take a few days... but all are willing to help out! Check out Privateer, Timecon, Spartan II, Space... only to name a few. You already know of Ithica. PM the members directly, it's the fastest and most question specific route.

Enjoy your time here on the forum!

Brutus!

Will do and thanks for the warm welcome.

First thing for me is to get the base helm done so then I can toss around ideas on how to get the items I need ON the helmet built into it.

Ive searched around and havnt really viewed any sales from members on helmets, only questions from members to makers on if they would sell. Does anyone know of anyone selling the CQB style helm, even if its a basic cast, that I can work from? If not thats fine, Im just one of those guys that if I can get to the meat and potatoes of a project instead of having to go to the store and pick out my meat and potatoes and cook them, then I will. I know I want to work off the CQB design, and with my disabilities trying to paper together a Pep file is turning out to be a hard pressed burden. Its actually what Im working on now as I watch the boards, and Im watching some more tutorial videos from members at this time.

I am not rich, so if these things are expensive, I will just go with what I have been doing, but if there are any base casts out there that no one needs, Im willing to work out a price to get to my main project and will keep all you informed on the process, working on setting up a table so I can video tape my progress and post it for you all.

Thanks again and if I should PM anyone specific about a helmet please let me know.

Wolf

RogueWolfStudio said:
Will do and thanks for the warm welcome.

First thing for me is to get the base helm done so then I can toss around ideas on how to get the items I need ON the helmet built into it.

Ive searched around and havnt really viewed any sales from members on helmets, only questions from members to makers on if they would sell. Does anyone know of anyone selling the CQB style helm, even if its a basic cast, that I can work from? If not thats fine, Im just one of those guys that if I can get to the meat and potatoes of a project instead of having to go to the store and pick out my meat and potatoes and cook them, then I will. I know I want to work off the CQB design, and with my disabilities trying to paper together a Pep file is turning out to be a hard pressed burden. Its actually what Im working on now as I watch the boards, and Im watching some more tutorial videos from members at this time.

I am not rich, so if these things are expensive, I will just go with what I have been doing, but if there are any base casts out there that no one needs, Im willing to work out a price to get to my main project and will keep all you informed on the process, working on setting up a table so I can video tape my progress and post it for you all.

Thanks again and if I should PM anyone specific about a helmet please let me know.

Wolf

Ithica. PM Ithica. Link is here for his cqb

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back