Introducing Spitfire Company 3D Printed

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by SI3RRA 117, Jun 14, 2017.

?

What should be call ourselves?

1. Leave it as Spitfire Company?

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Fireteam Spitfire?

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Fireteam Dauntless?

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Fireteam Intrepid?

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

I told him to scowl and that's what he came up with lol might be a little there. Guess we need to work on it

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Joffersmk2

Joffersmk2

I agree with PaiganBoi, looking at your stuff definitely makes you want a 3d printer.
    The sanding has made a huge difference to the teishin!

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  3. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

THanks Joffersmk2 . Now I just need to get vacuum the forming going. Then I'll really have something to show

4. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Alright here's a little preview of what's to come.
    Before:
    IMG_0480.JPG
    After:
    IMG_0481.JPG

DefineLuck and mblackwell1002 like this.
  5. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Looks awesome now that you attacked it with your trusty spoon. I tell ya, spoons are quite deadly on armor...xD

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  6. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Indeed :D

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  7. Joffersmk2

Joffersmk2

Could you elaborate on the spoon please? Is it something that is only for 3d printed armour, or would it work on eva?

8. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

IMG_0482.JPG
    Tool of choice

spoon
    spo͞on/ noun
    1. 1.
      an implement consisting of a small, shallow oval or round bowl on a long handle, used for eating, stirring, and serving food.
    2. 2.
      an implement used to achieve dramatic chipping effects on freshly painted Halo armor. :D

Sorry that was a wise ass comment. In all seriousness this method will not work for foam. Ive tried similar methods on foam and it just rips. So it has to be hard material in order for this to work. With foam your stuck with the toothpaste/mustard/vaseline method to achieve chipping effects. I will try and do a mini tutorial when I paint the Warmaster helmet if anyone is interested?

Joffersmk2 likes this.
  9. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

HA! Now it makes sense.
    I was a little lost there with the spoon.

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  10. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Haha Ya mblackwell1002 had a some inside knowledge.

11. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

A spoon can also be a great source of entertainment.......or a funny torture device....

giphy (18).gif

12. Joffersmk2

Joffersmk2

Hahaha! I deserved that.

I'll make sure to be more precise with my questions in future lol.

Cheers for the hint on not trying it with foam though.

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  13. Bucs37DK

Bucs37DK

A spoon for weathering huh? noted. The builds are coming along excellently!

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  14. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Alright so it's been a while...... have some big life changes going on at the moment. I'm still slowly picking away at things. I did manage to at least finish off one helmet..... this ones first because I was able to repurpose a visor from another helmet.
    IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    Hopefully I can find a little more time to devote to building in the near future and finish these build before they no longer fit the kids !!!

mblackwell1002 and PaiganBoi like this.
  15. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

That looks soooooo sweet. Amazing job.

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  16. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Thanks PaiganBoi :) I'm happy with the way it turned out. So I realized I had a little more to show then just the helmet. So here's part 2 of my update i suppose. Still a long way to go

IMG_0491.JPG

17. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

One more piece down. Only um like 20?? to go, ugh:notworthy:. Chest is complete, next I’ll be finishing off one of the undersuit/ cod pieces and then hopefully the Warmaster helmet. Then maybe a total progress/ test fit pic.

219A1C67-1563-4341-8E7C-DFCEC10BD8D6.jpeg
    A4AD55DF-863F-48CF-A35F-FDA47E4CB4CC.jpeg
    158185FF-42BA-4FF7-A9D1-D752AC201866.jpeg

E431578F-3E1C-473F-B9AD-A31409CCE484.jpeg

C4106441-289D-4B0D-9B34-AF99C46D8B9F.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  18. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

A long way to go, but every piece gets you closer to the finish line!!! Looks great SI3RRA 117!!!!!

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  19. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Dirtdives and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  20. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

Wow Looks amazing, Wish I had the ability to 3D print like that. it would not only speed up the process by a ton, but also it would for sure stop my hand from cramping up. I plan to buy a 3D printer of sorts in the future to work on my builds since the pep process really hurts my hands, and takes way too long in comparison to what your making, which has no lack of detail and seems to be perfectly fitted. While it still must take a long time, I am sure it is still faster, and a bit less complex than doing it through pep. I would also start my own Fireteam called Fireteam Apex or something, but I have no friends that enjoy halo :/ Oh well, the builds are coming across great!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    SI3RRA 117 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  21. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Thanks skybox, my process is definetly lacking speed lol and I still struggle with scaling at times too. But, yes 3d printing has really helped me when it comes to building. It can also be a curse as well and the learning curve was much steeper then anticipated (for me anyway). As for the detail you mentioned, my prints are lacking in quite a bit of detail. This is due to the fact that I can’t 3d model. All these are just kind of dirty clean ups (I suppose you could call it) that I did myself from the asset files. They are nothing like some of the files that members have donated to this community. Especially those Included in the FFA series and others in the 3d modeling section. All those files alone make it worth getting a 3d printer. And some day I will get to printing some of them:whistle: . All in all tho 3d printing isn’t the cure all means of building. It still entails a lot of time, work and learning as with any method of building. Plus there is still a place for pep and foam building. I still incorporate foam into my new builds.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  22. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

3D prints don't alleviate hand cramping, they just change where the cramp is. Sanders elbow is a very real issue in the 3D printing community. Also there's a bad case of headdesk and headwall going around as ambient temperatures drop, air moisture content rises and bed adhesion gets a bit more dicey than usual.

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  23. DefineLuck

DefineLuck New Member

Kids don’t know how lucky they have it. What I would have given for my dad to have had this technology back when I wanted to be best dressed for Halloween. - I got a bed sheet with eyes cut out, that was the best he could do for a “ghost”

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  24. Leiutenant Jaku

Leiutenant Jaku Jr Member

Lol I used to wear painted milk cartons on my head for halloween helmets.

SI3RRA 117 and DefineLuck like this.
  25. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

DefineLuck Well I missed Halloween this year so we’re looking to make these armors and do I little bit of some short films or something. Something with some slow motion explosions and such. But I have quite a bit of work left ahead before any of this.