introduction and first question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinrealities

Hello all!
I guess i will start with just halo related points. Some of my favorite memories are of halo lan parties. one thing lead to another and i got into prop making and cosplay. i wanted to make some armor and not really sure where to start from scratch i thought, "I see a lot of spartan armor, the game is always a go to good time, a lot of resources out, and im currently binging red vs blue....... IM GOING TO BUILD A HALO SUIT!"
Found a series on youtube that does a build of mark vi armor and got got started.
I'll post some pictures shortly of my progress. I have the helmet built and painted minus the shield, one thigh, a portion of the torso, a frag grenade 3d printed, and a m6c socom ready for paint.
Here is the question. Is there a point where too much battle damage is too much? As i build i think about how the final is going to look and no spartan takes no damage. my play style is run in and lay waste. my character would be beat to hell but always standing at the end. Is there a point where damage goes too far?

Hello all!
I guess i will start with just halo related points. Some of my favorite memories are of halo lan parties. one thing lead to another and i got into prop making and cosplay. i wanted to make some armor and not really sure where to start from scratch i thought, "I see a lot of spartan armor, the game is always a go to good time, a lot of resources out, and im currently binging red vs blue....... IM GOING TO BUILD A HALO SUIT!"
Found a series on youtube that does a build of mark vi armor and got got started.
I'll post some pictures shortly of my progress. I have the helmet built and painted minus the shield, one thigh, a portion of the torso, a frag grenade 3d printed, and a m6c socom ready for paint.
Here is the question. Is there a point where too much battle damage is too much? As i build i think about how the final is going to look and no spartan takes no damage. my play style is run in and lay waste. my character would be beat to hell but always standing at the end. Is there a point where damage goes too far?
Welp, there's scrapes and scratches, and then there is rust, plasma damage, and gashes that practically get rid of all detail and decal work and create more detail to loo at I the form of damage and weathering. It is all preference and how much you want to make your spartan look like the USC's version of atriox(onion repeatedly tried to dispose of you by sending on suicide missions but you kept on walking back?) I say go for it! The more the better!

A good example of that would be Tarkov in the "We are ODST" game trailer at the end where you see his chest plate hanging off one side. I always enjoy seeing battle damage.

You can NEVER have too much battle damage and wear and tear. I mean, just as long as the armor is still functional, then you're fine. But remember though, Spartans have shields, so realistically your damage is going to be reduced compare to a marine or an ODST or what have you.

Here is the question. Is there a point where too much battle damage is too much?
Mmmmmm, NOPE. I'm gonna take this opportunity to iterate that: your suit is your suit and nobody elses, and you should make it how you want it to be. You can try to get caught up in 'lore accuracy' but I think it's worth mentioning that when they design stuff for the games, they build what they think looks good and then justify it with lore afterwards. Only you get to make the background story for your armor, and there's a way to explain just about anything if you're really concerned about it.

That said, the only time it should be 'too much', is when YOU think it's too much. The 405th is about helping you build your best suit, not our best suit :)

fyi I'm also a fan of heavy weathering.

Last edited:
As I will say and many other before me have said. At the end of the day this is YOUR suit. So the level of wear and tear is entirely up to you.

What I personally did for my suit is after each run of it at a con, I changed something up on it! Whether it be adding some dirt or scratches, adding new equipment, etc. You could tell a story with the suit over time or have it all finished weathering and tell people the story yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back