Introduction And First Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanatos

Hi everybody.

This site is a prime example of why I shouldn't randomly browse the net when I'm bored at work, as if I need to get hooked on another hobby to fill my diminishing free time!

Quick introduction, I'm 26 and I hark from a small country filled with little but grass and muddy puddles called Wales in the UK. Didn't take me long reading through this site before my girlfriend started questioning why boxes of cardstock and respirator equipment were coming through the post everyday.

I had wanted my first project to be a HD ODST helmet, but after reading up on how challenging it was to pep one of those I decided to attempt an Iron Man helmet first as they seemed to be so popular on the site and I'd recently watched the blu-ray, whether this was a mistake or not is yet to be seen as I have no frame of reference yet.

So here it is, pepped and waiting for fiberglass (which I'll be picking up on Sunday so more pics next week.)

Please be kind as before this I thought Pepakura was a spice.

IMG_1085.jpg

Pepakura, a spice... classic. Welcome to the 405th. That is an excellent Pep job, especially for a first piece. There appears to be a little bit of warping (specifically, the right ear piece), but nothing that can't be fixed. Good job, can't wait to see more.

Mal

Looks like your well on your way to making some nice pieces.

As for the GF, they get used to the hot glue webs, paper pieces on the floor and bondo shoe prints on the carpet. You may have to take a yelling a few times, but it's worth it. :D

Keep it up!

Malechei said:
Pepakura, a spice... classic. Welcome to the 405th. That is an excellent Pep job, especially for a first piece. There appears to be a little bit of warping (specifically, the right ear piece), but nothing that can't be fixed. Good job, can't wait to see more.

Mal

Yeah, both ears were a bitch, hoping it can be sorted out with a bit of resin and bondo fine tuning. The right ear was actually my first piece, which turned out to be a bad idea. Still, nothing's ever just wasted time, only a lesson for the next project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Welcome to the 405th, dude! *gives a hearty slap on the back* :D

So far, I'd say you're well on your way to making some sweet Pep armour, if that first piece is any indication. Aside from the warped right ear piece (as Malechei pointed out), you did a fine job on it. Shouldn't take too much effort to smooth things over with a little bondo and sandpaper, once you've resined/fiberglassed it ;)

looks good for a first try! Iron man is pretty cool, I am more of a master chief fan though

would you like some fresh-ground pepakura for your salad, sir? lol, good one!

great! i always wanted to make one iron man helmet, may i ask where you got it? bacause i have been looking a lot for a good file for the helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back