Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOITAIDAR

Hi there, my name's Adam, and I'm new around here, so I thought I'd introduce, and tell you guys a little about myself.

I've been costuming for almost 2 years now, and have been a member of the UK Garrison, 501st Legion since May 06. For those of you who don't know, the 501st is an international Star Wars costuming organisation, based around the bad guys. The UK Garrison club itself, also encompasses Rebel costumes, branded as UK Rebel Command, and other movie costumes, branded as Reel Icons.

Since my first foray into costuming as Jango Fett, which I started in April 05, I've since completed an Imperial Royal Guard, X-men's Colossus, Imperial Stormtrooper Officer, Stargate SG-1 Offworld team, and a full squad of Repubic Commandos (not all for me to wear though. lol)

Having been a long time fan of the HALO series games on PC, I finally gave in and persuaded myself I needed an XBOX 360 so that I could play HALO 3, having never owned a console before, I thought it time to start toning my thumb muscles. lol. Having just completed the game (on normal mode, I must admit... I'm new to gamepad controls) my love for the Master Chief has grown (in a totally heterosexual way, I hasten to add) and I've convinced myself that this will be my next costuming adventure.

Unlike a lot of people I know in the costuming community, I get as much enjoyment from actually making the costume, as I do wearing it. Not that there's anything wrong at all with being purely a costumier, I just enjoy the creative side of it too. Unfortunately, my skills aren't to the point where I can sculpt and mold my own masterpieces yet, so I settle for kits, vacform, fiberglass, whatever. But I do still enjoy doing my own assembly, fitting, paintwork, and electronics.

I hope to get to know you guys, and hopefully get some help building and sourcing parts for a very exciting Master Chief build.

Cheers,

Adam Davidson

BH-6648 (TR/ID/RC)
UK Garrison, 501st Legion

Thanks Robogenisis.

I've already spotted a few familiar names from other costuming forums I frequent, so I'm starting to feel at home already.

I just noticed though, in my registration, my finger must have slipped off the shift key, and I wrote NOITAIDAr instead of NOITAIDAR. There doesn't appear to be a feature to change your display name in the My Controls section, so I was hoping that a moderator could perhaps tweak that for me.

Cheers

NOITAIDAr said:
Having just completed the game (on normal mode, I must admit... I'm new to gamepad controls) my love for the Master Chief has grown (in a totally heterosexual way, I hasten to add) and I've convinced myself that this will be my next costuming adventure.

BH-6648 (TR/ID/RC)
UK Garrison, 501st Legion

OMGWTFBBQ. LOL. Welcome to the Forums good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, you'll find a few fellow 501st on the board (NZ garrison myself). You'll be surprised what you can accomplish with pepakura and body filler :) Look forward to see what you come up with

Welcome to the forum :)

NZ-TK said:
... you'll find a few fellow 501st on the board...

Yeah, there do seem to be a few of us here now :) (another NZ 501st member here)

Nice. Literacy while being a noob is key in earning a good rep. ;)

Hope you'll be able to continue your armor making skizzillz here.

NOITAIDAr said:
my love for the Master Chief has grown (in a totally heterosexual way, I hasten to add) and I've convinced myself that this will be my next costuming adventure.

Three cheers for hetero life partners! <3 Haha I got a great chuckle.

Welcome to the 405th :)

hi
i would be in the mountain garrason of the 501st but
A. im not old enough
B. i do not eny thing about moldint that kinda stuff

Eny ways
ALWAYS WELCOME HERE! (y) (y)

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone. Still trying to get in touch with a couple builders, to see if this is a viable project for me cost-wise, but from what I've been able to gather so far, it looks promising. Who knows, I may even have a few original ideas up my sleeve too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back