Iphone/ipod Touch Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboos318

I got an iPod touch a couple months back and i think it is awesome. now, to those of you that have one, What are your fav apps? I really like "Cube Runner", "Cartoon Wars", "Boom Bergade", and "Lost Empires".

I have an iPhone and I use apps for more useful stuff like tracking my gas mileage, finding what movies are in my favorite theater, and similar stuff. Google maps app is awesome as well. Not sure how the apps translate from iPhone to iTouch. What are it's capabilities?

Almost every thing the iPhone can do if you have a wifi conection. Even texting, I think most of the apps can be downloaded on both

the iPod touch is pretty much the iPhone without phone or 3G/Edge network support. It can still do internet if near a wireless network though.

Personally, my iPhone has gone sadly underused lately. I use Twitteriffic for Twitter, my iPhone is my alarm clock, and my car mp3 player. That's about it. But Google maps and the GPS is VERY nice, saved me from getting lost so many times now.

HaloChick69 said:
i likes pocket god and zombieville!!

Pocket God = FTW!

I love my Iphone, I use it for everything..

Reminders.

Time.

Phone.

Alarm.

Apps.

Calculator ect. ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Magnum, I use mine for more practical purposes rather than games (although I have a few to play with the g/f :) )

Favorite Apps:

EchoFon - This is where the 405th Source twitter gets updated from 90% of the time along with my desktop Twitter client Twhirl (Seesmic)

Showtimes - Checking out trailers, local movie listings and times, along with maps and ratings... can't beat it

Dropbox - Transferring files from the web to iPhone and vice versa like a wireless jump drive

Units - Useful conversions for my armor crafting

Translator - I do alot of translating for The Pirate Bay.. this helps with my rusty Swedish

Pandora - Music for said armor making

Myspace & Facebook - Keeping in touch with family/friends

Skype - Perfect for saving minutes when chatting with the 405th Staff & friends

Boxee - Remote control for my multimedia center at home.

As for a few great games:

Lux Touch - Fun Risk alternative

Scramble 2 - Boggle altternative

Tap Defense - I love defense games

Pocket Tanks - Can't go wrong with a classic

Cheers,

Kensai

Added another must have, photoshop.com, a portable photoshop client for the iphone. Not really meant to work wonders since it's limited by the iphone's hardware. It does what it says and it does it very well. Great for quick color corrections, a brightness boost and a little bit of soft focus to turn an ok cellphone camera shot into a respectable one.

Cheers,

Kensai

I'm completely in LOVE with my Cracked-Screen application.

Photo7.jpg

Drakku said:
I'm completely in LOVE with my Cracked-Screen application.

Photo7.jpg

Best app ever!!

that sucks, I think you can get replacement screens off ebay can't you?

Caboos318 said:
o that sucks :unsure

Bobo The PandaX said:
Dang, how did that happen?

Overlord_Ian said:
Best app ever!!

that sucks, I think you can get replacement screens off ebay can't you?

It's actually not so bad, I put packing tape on the screen so the glass doesn't come out in my fingers. It works fine, otherwise. Or, well, I think something is loose in it, sometimes it'll spam me with day-old text messages or voicemails it's just now deciding to deliver, etc..

It happened when I was texting someone and the phone just slipped out of my hand. Haha. I honestly don't know how I dropped it, my hand just relaxed and whoop, there it goes. I have that rubber case on it, and it would've been fine.. had it not dropped screen-first onto the corner of a brick.

I'm not too heartbroken over it, though. I won my first iPhone in a raffle at some movie gig, and when the SIM card stopped reading, the Apple store said that it appeared perfectly fine, so they got me a free refurbished one. I haven't had to be pay anything for this phone as far as the actual phone goes, so I'm just chilling out until I'm eligible for an update, then I'll be getting me a 3G. (This one's a first-gen).

Anyway! On subject, I quite dig the 'I Dig It' app. Lol. I also frequently use the free Weather Channel app, Showtimes, Google Maps, Facebook, TweetDeck, and Skype. And, admittedly, I'm halfway through Othello on the free Shakespeare app. I love that thing.

Caboos318 said:
Almost every thing the iPhone can do if you have a wifi conection. Even texting, I think most of the apps can be downloaded on both

Let me correct you my friend, There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text

There is no MMS. And sorry, no voice dialing, either.

So there are many applications which we can't enjoy with iphone...

iphone skin

mphilip876 said:
Let me correct you my friend, There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text

There is no MMS. And sorry, no voice dialing, either.

So there are many applications which we can't enjoy with iphone...

iphone skin

Um, all those problems have been fixed, actually. There is copy and paste now, and they put in MMS support a few weeks ago... a year or two later than I'd have preferred it, but it's in there. Don't know about voice dialing, never used it.

i only use my itouch for some pdf reading before bead.. oh and those free games like ipirate and ininja from playmesh. internet connection reqired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back