IRC room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Is there an active IRC spot for you guys to gather?

I've checked all the IRC referenced posts, and all the chats are dead.

A few IRC rooms have been suggested, created and used - none of them last very long, all told. It's better to network with members personally rather than maintain a chat room.

With that said, Discord may be a decent viable alternative, now that it's coming into its own.

>A few IRC rooms have been suggested, created and used - none of them last very long, all told. It's better to network with members personally rather than maintain a chat room.

Well, thats how IRC rooms come and go. Its no big deal. I'm an IRC vet from 1998ish, and I've seen many rooms die. Scheduling things for the members isn't a viable option. Lurkers work best when it comes to IRC. I keep it open on my gaming PC when its up, and respond to username highlights.

Could there be a possible IRC push if we get the 405th subreddit in the mix, or maybe work with the /r/halo subreddit? It'd be great to get current IRC users involved to idle, and having new blood pop in and out would establish userbase, as well as promote the comradery that the noob video asks us to seek.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back