iron-cardboard-man

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender9492

Jr Member
Okay, so it's not as cool as Bocus Jai's, but here's my attempt at Iron Man, using cardboard as a medium:

PIC-0053.jpg

PIC-0054.jpg

PIC-0055.jpg

PIC-0056.jpg

PIC-0057.jpg

PIC-0058.jpg

PIC-0059.jpg

PIC-0060.jpg

Once the general shape is good, I'll run over it with some resin and bondo, just to smooth it out and add some detail.

That looks very nice, I was expecting some cardboard and duct tape, and a worse design. Very nice, just like that other guy, if you put in enough work, it should be molded or something like that other guy's.

RadioactiV777 said:
That looks very nice, I was expecting some cardboard and duct tape, and a worse design. Very nice, just like that other guy, if you put in enough work, it should be molded or something like that other guy's.

Same here. That looks great!

What other guy? Aren't we supposed to not post comparison replies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly said:
Same here. That looks great!

What other guy? Aren't we supposed to not post comparison replies?

You gotta admit, an iron man helmet out of real steel is pretty awesome!

ender9492 said:
You gotta admit, an iron man helmet out of real steel is pretty awesome!

Yeah, I guess so. I didn't know he meant that one. So many Iron Man helmets being made and going around lately. It's hard to keep track.

WOW, can i recomend something, if u intend to make it really good, ill tell you what i tried doing

get an old pair of sunglasses and pop out the lesnes and attatch them to the inside of the armor, then wire up blue LEDS underneath them, probabily the best way to get the lights there

coming out reaally well if i may say so

Here's the latest:

cardboardman.jpg

I noticed that the shape of the eyes are wrong, so I'll try to fix that, and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make the forehead and cranium of the helmet... it's hard to make domed surfaces with cardboard!

You could try tracing the hole on paper and refine it, then trace it agian on cardboard, and then place it on you helmet. it may not make a dome shape but it's easier and clean.

About the eyes, the bottom cut for me is a bit too low, try making it flater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back