Iron Man Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buxzzix

Hi! I am Buxzzix and I am building Iron Man Armor. When I saw a movie I wanted to have armor like Tony Stark. My dream slowly come true. I'm trying to get a full armor done before the movie as well. I'm trying to get full armor before the film will be in theaters.

I started to build the armor a month ago. Here are a few pictures.

First paper parts

New helmet.

Look at armor 15% done.

Chest and back.

Fit test v.1

Left Leg

Fit test with left arm

Foot/heel guard

Fit test v.2

Fit test v.3

And YT video with my helmet in action

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good so far, is this your first armor? Also instead of paper mache it would be harder with resin/fiberglass.

Yes, its my first armor. Hmm... I dont have much time to building him because im going to school and... you know ;]

Really Nice Job, Dude but like Jason02 said It would be much to use resin and fiberglass, maybe for your next set.

But still you are doing a great job

In my country, fiberglass and resin is very expensive and I cant buy this. Im using my own techinc. It is very good. Really!

They are not so expensive, stop whining. Of course in US or UK resin + fibreglass is much cheaper, but ya know...

about 1.5 square meters of fibreglass cloth, 300gsm is 4.50PLN on allegro.pl, and resin + hardener is around 11PLN for one kilogram. Of course it is polyester resin not epoxy, but I suppose it should work perfect.

Wow, you've got a lot of pepping done... looks good so far! Are you using paper mache technique to harden it?

Hey! Buzzix! It's "tankboy" from TDH! Glad to see you 'round! and I didn't see that second picture with your grandma... sheesh! She's awesome! I'll be watching this thread here too!

Update!

My right leg is completed and ready for paper-mache.

And here is knee piece.

Sorry for the rotated pictures :D

Hello TankBoy :D

Very nice, you surprised me, I didn't think paper mache would come out looking as good as it does there. Keep the updates coming. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back