Iron Man Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett97

Hey every one Mike here, started my Iron man Suit yesterday and today finished up pepping my helmet i think it turned out fairly well. Please don't mind the tape just using that to hold it to its shape while i pep more armor. I Want to get it all pepped before i resin that way i don't waste any.

Well here have a look see at my helmet, more pics will be on the way soon. And constructive Criticism is always welcome, let me know what you think :)

[attachment=16467:helm2.jpg][attachment=16468:helm3.jpg]

does it your head right now? i am wondering because i am making the war machine one and there's like super wide band inside the helmet to keep it in shape

also blocking 30% of the headroom

u going to fiberglass the inside after resin? we starting this almost the same time! urs is ironman and mine is warmachine haha

dont stretch the helmet like that just so you can put it on, ( I know you did that too lol :p)

you have to cut the back section apart after you resin it and attach it somehow afterwards by magnets or whatever you decide.

so we have to cut the whole helmet in half?

that war machine helmet already has like 2 separate section :(

any new pic yet? u are my inspiration for this!

not in half just the back section similar to what this guy does for his helmets

hope this makes sense. You can see the back section separate top left

DSC02131_resize.jpg

Oh ok, i was thinking having the chin portion come off instead but that makes sense. Also mine isn't actually spread its just distorted weird, cuz of the camera angle and when i changed the image to make it a smaller image size it got changed. I am debating fiberglass at this point, becuase i am not a huge fan, I am wondering if resin is strong enough to hold it together on its own, then once i get some bondo on their it should be good and sturdy

bobafett97 said:
Also mine isn't actually spread its just distorted weird, cuz of the camera angle and when i changed the image to make it a smaller image size it got changed.

ok

Last edited by a moderator:
bobafett97 said:
Hey Stealth, What are your thoughts on Aqua-Resin?

dont waste your money

I have a bunch just sitting here, it cant compare to fiberglass at all.

it just makes your stuff get all warped and its just crap.

try this, its something I'm working on as an absolute alternative to fiberglass use based on a method RUZE789 came up with a while back. I just revised it to make it a complete alternative using 321 for exterior strengthening.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl3pOdgE74U[/media]

Yeah i watched you Video on that and i am thinking that that is definitely a better way to go, So the 320 does that make a thinker, stronger plastic, and hte 321 just like a clear coat?

bobafett97 said:
Yeah i watched you Video on that and i am thinking that that is definitely a better way to go, So the 320 does that make a thinker, stronger plastic, and hte 321 just like a clear coat?

The 321 is to retain the shape of the piece and to seal the entire part so you dont get leaks when youre using the 320/300.

Oh ok that makes sense now, cuz when i was watching your vid wasn't quite sure, how they worked together, but it definitely seems like a very good way to go about strengthening armor... Also another question do you think the trial for both is enough to do an entire Iron Man suit?

bobafett97 said:
do you think the trial for both is enough to do an entire Iron Man suit?

nope but a helmet yes

it was just a suggestion for people who are just trying this hobby out for now.

For the more serious people they go for the gallon kits.

Got it, Well i am pretty serious, i have plans to make some Halo armor in the future too and also make a better Boba Fett Costume. When it comes to costumes I am a perfectionist so the gallon may be the way to go for me.

hmmm... sounds pretty legit. Very good idea to come up with an alternative though, considering we would have found out the bad effects of aqua resin the bad way.

RoxasnumXIII said:
considering we would have found out the bad effects of aqua resin the bad way.

tell me about it. I was so confident this stuff was "the second coming" the way people went on about it, I didn't bother to test it. My own fault I guess.

wasted pep time for sure.

STEALTH said:
not in half just the back section similar to what this guy does for his helmets

hope this makes sense. You can see the back section separate top left

DSC02131_resize.jpg

You don't necessarily have to do that before it's hardened. I would keep the pieces intact until after smoothing. If you need to put it on before that, just keep the faceplate-jaw piece separate from the rest of the helmet. This is all assuming that you're using my file, which it looks like you are.

After smoothing and making sure that you have all the pieces even with each other, then you should cut it up in the way that Stealth said.

yeah hes right, I forgot you are new and my mind set wasn't seeing it that way

Have the helmet the way you want it before you start cutting. Unless you're a master and can detail each part separately. :)

Oh that makes sense, yeah I was planning on doing all my detail work first then cutting it later so that i knew everything would line up nicely.

Hey Elecia and Charles Upload your Stuff here too so that we can get good help/ criticism on our stuff, also any questions you guys have I will most likely have in the future to so we can get them all answered together. So Eli, ODST GO GO GO, Charles Lets See progress on War Machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back