Iron man helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocus Jai

Hi everyone I am new here. I am a member of the Mandalorian Mercs, TDH and Padawan league. I am interested in making a metal Ironman bucket. Does anyone know if there are any templates to download ANYWHERE? Please help thank you.
Jamie

Thanks for the help I was able to download a Pep file and started build in metal. I will post pics as I go. Then I want to try a spartan helmet. Thanks again

Don't build it in metal.

It's a waste of time, and probably won't come out well (or at all) unless you're already a master metalsmith. That and it will be ridiculously difficult to work with.

I have the face and part of the right side done. I have been building with metal since 98. I built Boba Fett armor in metal turned out beautiful. I will show after.

Yodajammies said:
Don't build it in metal.

It's a waste of time, and probably won't come out well (or at all) unless you're already a master metalsmith. That and it will be ridiculously difficult to work with.

Steel is fun.

Making Armour from 1980 till... oh yea today

Hit it with a hammer, Weld, Sand, Paint like pep put hotter

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that metal iron man mask is looking pretty good, I'm presuming you will grind down the weld marks etc..
Having done a small amount of blacksmithing, i can say VERY good job, done very quickly!

@Rob, whats that your making? It looks like a steampunk design...

p0rtalman said:
Wow, that metal iron man mask is looking pretty good, I'm presuming you will grind down the weld marks etc..
Having done a small amount of blacksmithing, i can say VERY good job, done very quickly!

Rob, whats that your making? It looks like a steampunk design...

Yea we just did a bunch of stuff for a Movie

The trailer we at the http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com/ this year.

The Mask Is looking good

Just a little update. I have hammered out the top and then welded the top to the face today. I have started to make the right side. Here is the top on the face and for today just the start of the side leaning on the face. Hope you enjoy

And a pic of my Boba fett custom armor and helmet that I built out of metal.

Loess said:
Nicely done!

What process are you using to weld, TIG? MIG?

I am using an arc/mig welder. set on arc welding with a flux cored wire. I find it works great and easy to use.

Niiiice. I want to know more about how you're shaping it. Hammers, forms, type of steel?

at first i thought you were lying, just trying to look good, obviously not, i apologise for doubting you, tht bobafett helmet is awesome, hope the iron man helmet comes along well too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back