Iron man helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooaa!
Its one thing to see the pep in paper or on a screen, but its totally different seeing it in steel.
That is awesome I see you rounded out the edge under the eye.
great job man truly impressed. (y)

I am hammering the metal in shape with my body hammers and anvils. I used to work in a body shop on cars.

The hose on my Boba bucket is a direct hardwired digital imaging feed from the HUD to my wrist darts and rocket launcher. (Not real just for the story) although it really does fire little roman candle rockets. Also I have a Optimus Prime voice changer and the mic and pc board are mounted in the helmet and the steel braided hose conceals my wires to the gauntlet where my speaker is mounted.

Glad you all enjoy. I will keep it coming. Thanks for the praise.

Firstly. Awesome helmet.

Secondly. Any tips on metal armor making.

Thirdly. I bow down in reverence to your awesome skill and ingenious creativity.

You Rock!

Thanks sypher. I don't know what to say about metal building. Cut templates out, transfer to metal and BE PATIENT. As you start to hammer a shape into one side the other side might warp. Keep working it and eventually it will shape up.

Here is another update. It might be the last for a few days cause I work long hours on the weekend and won't have time to work on this. Enjoy

The side is done, the back is getting done. The front is done, and marker drawn in where I will cut out the mouth after.

Bocus Jai said:
Thanks sypher. I don't know what to say about metal building. Cut templates out, transfer to metal and BE PATIENT. As you start to hammer a shape into one side the other side might warp. Keep working it and eventually it will shape up.

Here is another update. It might be the last for a few days cause I work long hours on the weekend and won't have time to work on this. Enjoy

The side is done, the back is getting done. The front is done, and marker drawn in where I will cut out the mouth after.

Looking really good. It cracks me up that your title is still "newbie", considering a good 98% of the veterans here don't know how to work with metal. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcalibar said:
Looking really good. It cracks me up that your title is still "newbie", considering a good 98% of the veterans here don't know how to work with metal. Keep up the good work!

Yep, I know most people won't believe it but its actually easier to make a IRONMAN mask out of metal, than it is to make it out of paper ;)
I do metal work/shaping/welding as well. I just need a better welder, I got an old snap-on that was payment for re-upholstering 2 motorcycle seats.

Yodajammies said:
Don't build it in metal.

It's a waste of time, and probably won't come out well (or at all) unless you're already a master metalsmith. That and it will be ridiculously difficult to work with.

Considering that the ironman helmet has a few undercuts and is quite smooth, it wont be very difficult to make.
as for the mark 6, Very.. Very difficult. But yet, not impossible.

Nice work! Looks very impressive, you should work on the top tough, (strips of metal).. I would have done this shape by hammering a metal square to a nice curved shape.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: and as cpu 64 said, it will be easier to make from metal, since all the shapes are smooth.

Thats just wild!!!! killer helm.Now I'm a little bit (ok...alot) jealous.Can't wait to see it finished looks like a good Mark 2 from the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back