Iron Man Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thanks to Lo techstark, and his thread * http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11391 * I've been working on making an iron man helmet. its mainly going to be the mask, then an old paintball full helmet I bought off of one of my friends. so far heres what I've got\\

6-5

:printed and assembled "mask" section of helmet
:resined and fiberglassed inside
outside was resined too
:Let Dry and and applied Grey coat of paint
-----------------------

6-6

:bought bondo and started smoothing
-----------------------

So far so good. I'm getting ready to go work on some more smoothing. Heres some pics to keep ya happy. Reember its still a major WIP.

100_3723.jpg

100_3722.jpg

100_3721.jpg

100_3720.jpg

100_3717.jpg

I have that paintball helmet. Thats a really good idea using it for Ironman, as long as you dont use the finished product for paintball. :)

lionheart912 said:
I have that paintball helmet. Thats a really good idea using it for Ironman, as long as you dont use the finished product for paintball. :)

Yea trust me, I know what those things can do. I'll work on it some more today but I have to go in for work at 5. I should get close to being done with the bondo for the mask. I'm still working on a color scheme, I tried the red/gold, its alright but I may go with black/grey or silver. :cool: Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, but I would strongly suggest not playing paintball with it though. I'm not sure how strong the mask will be when I finish it, but im sure the lenses I plan on using would be suitable for paintball. I don't want shattered glass in my eyes lol.

6-7
:sanded
:painted

I didn't do much except for work on the sanding, then apply primer to see where all I need more bondo/sand. Enjoy! One thing I noticed though is I need to work on the bottom of the mask, its a little un-even. ;)

100_3733.jpg

100_3734.jpg

100_3735.jpg

100_3737.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back