iron-man MK Vl build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN1803

hey guys. it's been a long time since i have posted a project on here. right now im working on iron-man mark 6. i have always had problems with scaling in the past but i have looked up alot of reff pics and i think i have this one right on. i got my files from robo on the rpf. here is the link

http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/

right now i only have the chest done and i am starting on the back. one thing i will say is DONT RESIZE THE CHEST!!! and if you do change the back to the same amount you change the chest, they are pre scaled to match so make sure you dont scale one more or less then the other. that being said here are some pics of my progress on the chest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thats it so far. chest peice is done and i am working on the back right now. to go into more detail on how to keep the back peice to the right size here is my equation

the default scale of the chest was 348mm. being 6'6 i definetly needed it larger so i looked at a reff pic and sclaed it up to 406mm. thats a 58 mm difference so i took the 58mm and added it to the back piece when i scaled it. the default size of the back was 468mm. after the addition of the 58 mm it came out at 526. let me know what you guys think so far :)

thanks man! :D here is a small update on my progress

wip6.jpg

wip7.jpg

wip8.jpg

i just printed out the forearm but the cuff is way too big around so im gonna look up sizing on here and the rpf. wish me luck and thanks for looking at my post

double post sorry. i had to delete the pictures do to domething in the background. i also finished the forearm just gotta do the elbow.
wip7-1.jpg

wip8-1.jpg

wip9.jpg

thanks guys :D i was gonna start the hand but my fingers are way too big to get in there and glue for the hand and knuckles. not sure what im gonna do :( my hands are 3 1/2 across from pinky to index. so im gonna start the shoulder. here is a pic with the elbow and something kinda funny
wip10.jpg

pepstache.jpg

just to let you guys know, yes im still continuing this project just taking me longer. i procrastinate to the extreme on large peices but here is and up date. i was kinda worried about the shoulder being too big. kinda still am but here are some pics.

wip11.jpg

wip15.jpg

wip14.jpg

wip13.jpg

im going to do the collar plate and neck shroud then resin all that i have done. wish me luck

been a while since i have posted anything. ran into some money problems but here is a video and some pics of my progress. video just explains how i sized the upper body save for the abs

[video]http://youtu.be/8Fm22PMLrrE[/video]

wip15-1.jpg

wip14-1.jpg

got the first coat on the arm. i'll post those later tonight

It's coming along nicely. Keep up the great work.

thank you. i fell asleep last night so here are the pics of peices of the arm

wip16.jpg

wip17.jpg

wip18.jpg

wip19.jpg

just waiting to get more brushes now. only got to do one coat on the arm pieces. gonna do 2 more then glass the inside

lol jowe and thanks thorn. i know its been a bit since the last update but here is the cod peice

wip22.jpg

im going to do 1 hip pod to get a decent sizing on the thighs. going shopping for haunted house stuff with my bro tomorrow. should have another update this weekend

alright whats up guys. got some progress to show you. didnt get as far as i wanted but i dont want to rush so without further a due.
wip25.jpg

wip24.jpg

wip23.jpg

the whole inside is glassed. i used stealths method and used spray adhesive. (thanks stealth) after work im going to trim the cloth on the edges and use my brothers heat gun to shape it a bit better cuz its a lil off set. i really wanted to in the bondo stage by now but i had a heck of a weekend at my dads. long story short we were haveing problems with railroad ties. more progress soon so keep watching

Don't bump threads that are so old! The OP hasn't posted in this thread since October of last year! No sense at all in bumping this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back