Ironman Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
I am in financial straights right now and cannot proceed further on my Spartan Mark VI armor due to a lack of caulking :(

So to keep myself from going crazy, I decided to start working on a Christmas present for my brother: an Ironman helmet!

So without further adéu, here are the pictures

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

When I built it, I traced the pepakura stuff off my laptop screen, cut it out, traced that onto some cornflake boxes, cut out the pieces, glued them together (the hot glue resides mostly on the inside), painted the inside black, and the faceplate and crown their respective colors, then attached them together with a little tape to see how they looked (I think they look awesome!). I will be putting some caulking on it in the following manner:

1) mix a little clear caulking with some water (gives it a shine), then rub evenly on the helm.

2) stuff some caulking in the seams, to hide them.

3) put on another thin layer or two of water-caulking mixture to make it water resistant.

I'll update you all when I get some caulking.

Been a while since I posted.

I have a layer of caulking on the outside. (the cardboard in the eye is to make the eye holes a little bigger)

gallery_8757_1856_419769.jpg

*rawr* giant pics :p

My second older brother (who is receiving the helm) comes home the weekend after next, so since I have much more time I worked today on my oldest brother's present (as he is coming home this upcoming week) : Papercraft Star Trek Tricorder & scanner, using standard printer-paper covering a cardboard base. Took about 2.5 hours to complete.

gallery_8757_1856_1063582.jpg

gallery_8757_1856_652402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back