Ironman Markiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those that need to know the size of this helmet and this helmet is going to matts home on tue
also there is a little bit more detail to these pics, so as you can see there is a little bit of sanding and filler work
here.

you go hope that helps:

between 8-9in in height
47567a7e.jpg

about 27 for front to back
c9dfc0b8.jpg

and about 8-9 inches wide
f918922a.jpg

Hey TimECon,
I love this version.

I got two questions if you've got a minute.
1 - I believe you said you used Sharkheads pep, but his only has one indent in the back, but your's has two, did you just bondo that up yourself?
2 - I really like the technique you use for bondo-ing each section individually. Can you give us any tips on doing this?
Possibly more pictures of all angles so I can attempt to replicate?

Any luck with the hinges yet?
I was thinking you could probably cast custom made ones from resin to work.
Also I got one or two ideas for doing the jaw aswell, with high strength magnets to keep it in place.

Jonny said:
Hey TimECon,
I love this version.

I got two questions if you've got a minute.
1 - I believe you said you used Sharkheads pep, but his only has one indent in the back, but your's has two, did you just bondo that up yourself?
2 - I really like the technique you use for bondo-ing each section individually. Can you give us any tips on doing this?
Possibly more pictures of all angles so I can attempt to replicate?

Any luck with the hinges yet?
I was thinking you could probably cast custom made ones from resin to work.
Also I got one or two ideas for doing the jaw aswell, with high strength magnets to keep it in place.

Thanks
yes I did bondo the back to make it look more like the movie version, I have a movie that shows some bondoing stuff but just havent gotten it up, and I have some ideas on the slide but nothing to really show yet

Last edited by a moderator:
alright I pulled 2 more helmets but one is for my dad for fathers day and the other is Dave's but there still avalible if someone wants one let me know
71882112.jpg

box o crayons said:
yea he could but plasti past will come off the silicone i dont think fiberglass willl and why isnt this elite yet

fiberglass doesn't stick to to silicone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back