Is it possible to convert a .pdf into a .jpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Perry

Hello! I am currently attempting to make a Mark VI helmet, and I was wondering if I could convert the entire .pdf of the helmet into a single image, like it is presented in the Pepakura viewer, as one massive piece of paper, so all the pieces are connected on a single sheet instead of having to match the sheets to their respective parts.

Is this possible? Or should I just stick with matching the pieces with regular sheets of paper?

Attachments

• halo-3-mjolnir-mkvi-helmet-foam.pdf
    436.2 KB · Views: 398
Is this possible? Or should I just stick with matching the pieces with regular sheets of paper?

Yes*

*Through image editing software such as Inkscape, GIMP or Photoshop it's a matter of importing a pdf file and then adjusting canvas sizes to make everything into one large image.

I read through your comment again and I'm not sure if you're looking for something like this
MkV Chest Cut Reference.png

or a continuous piece of paper so there's less "pieces" to cut out overall but just one giant connected piece that'd be a nightmare to handle when scoring and folding. I didn't delete the comment because links to free and open source software is always a good thing and can get you on your way to your goal. Ramble. Bionicle.

Have you scaled it? The pieces on the pdf you shared look HUGE. Like Spartan size.. but maybe you are spartan size.

Also converting it seems like a lot of extra work. I'd recommend just cutting them out and using scotch tape to tape the pieces pack together. Since you are just using it as a tracing pattern for the foam it does not need to be pretty.

Last edited:
Yes*

*Through image editing software such as Inkscape, GIMP or Photoshop it's a matter of importing a pdf file and then adjusting canvas sizes to make everything into one large image.

I read through your comment again and I'm not sure if you're looking for something like this
View attachment 256994

or a continuous piece of paper so there's less "pieces" to cut out overall but just one giant connected piece that'd be a nightmare to handle when scoring and folding. I didn't delete the comment because links to free and open source software is always a good thing and can get you on your way to your goal. Ramble. Bionicle.

That is exactly what I'm trying to do, thank you!

Have you scaled it? The pieces on the pdf you shared look HUGE. Like Spartan size.. but maybe you are spartan size.

Also converting it seems like a lot of extra work. I'd recommend just cutting them out and using scotch tape to tape the pieces pack together. Since you are just using it as a tracing pattern for the foam it does not need to be pretty.

That's a good point, I was thinking I would just do the PDF for the chest piece, since the chest is massive and just use tape on the rest of the smaller more manageable parts.

When you print through the actual Pepakura program you can click the option to "print page alignments" which is helpful in situations like this.

I use a cutting mat that has a grid to help keep everything square! If you don't have that you can match edges up square using a ruler or similar straight edge. Turbo Tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back