... is my respirator safe???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would personaly go for something like this http://www.amazon.com/3M-R6211-Low-...f=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1282738054&sr=8-12 because it's a respirator thats made to stop Organic Vapor and Fumes. When ever you buy a respirator always look to see if it says organic vapor or fumes. Also if you'r working with fiberglass dont forget your gloves, wear old cothes and shoes because you it will just go everywhere, make sure that you have cheap brushes because you cant re use them :( , be safe and ALWAYS WEAR YOUR RESPIRATOR!! :D good luck with your project. hope i helped

That respirator looks ok. I personally use the 3M respirator, but that's because it and its replacement filters are available locally.

Just a reminder, replace your filter cartridges after about 40 hours of use. If you can smell resin through the filters, it's time to replace them.

ok, thanks, i was a bit worried after not working with fiberglass for a few months, and even with my respirator and various safety things, i had a blistering headache. but it could have easily been dehydration, thanks guys

Excellent question. I've been browsing around Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc wondering the same thing - we these safe for fiberglass resin? Thanks for clarifying Jackjoker350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back