Is the Halo 4 Pathfinder helmet wearable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snortellini

I've been thinking about making this helmet and the visor placement seems a bit off, I'm not entirely sure if someone would be able to look out of this helmet, let alone put the helmet on. I know some helmets from Halo 4 are not wearable like the LOCUS and I'm just being cautious because I don't want to do the whole pasting process just to find out the helmet will not work out.

I don't see why it wouldn't be wearable. While the visor area is different, it looks like it' still where your vision would be, so I see no issues with it. In fact, I'd say ANY helmet could be made wearable, it just depends how badly you want it. Even the LOCUS. :p

Thanks for the quick response, I'll just finish it and see how it fits. If it doesn't fit it will make a great prop to have anyway haha.

I would vote yes it is wearable. Some helmets don't seem that way but they are see-through-able. Locus in particular is one that is capable of sight it just takes a different take then most are used to in order to do it. For the Locus in particular, you could like Armory Props, make a vaccum form of the visor area (from the nose up, and to the side panel "lobes") and then use a "one-way" paint like car tints for windows/lights/etc, but there are ways.

I can confirm that if you make a pathfinder helmet that it is wearable and easy to see out of....
At least it is with mine.

Even though the visor isn't straight you can see perfectly fine out of it.

I wish you luck when making your helmet :)

PathfinderHelmetComplete2.jpg

Attachments

• PathfinderHelmetComplete2.jpg
    PathfinderHelmetComplete2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 190
how did you get a visor like that? it seems like just a normal motor cycle helmet wouldn't work for this helmet. I am currently working a a pathfinder helmet too.

how did you get a visor like that? it seems like just a normal motor cycle helmet wouldn't work for this helmet. I am currently working a a pathfinder helmet too.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please try to check the date of the previous post before entering your own. This thread has been inactive for closing on two years - we don't encourage posting in threads that have been inactive for over three months unless it's to promote certain content or report issues.

To answer your question, however: vacuum-forming seems to be the way to go with most Halo 4 visors, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back