Is there anyone I can commission to make an MA5D Assault Rifle replica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty Pixel

I know that I'm probably going to come across as lazy or entitled, but is there anyone that I could possibly commission to make an MA5D Assault Rifle (Halo 4 variant) replica for me? I would make my own, but I simply don't have the time, materials, or space to make one. I am willing to sacrifice detail for quality, extra features such as a working ammo counter, lights, sound effects, etc. Please, if anyone is willing to build one or knows someone willing to build one, please contact me.

First, please post a WTB (Want to buy) thread in the classifieds...You're more likely to get a response there. Also, search on etsy...a lot of people sell replica props on there.

You won't be able to post a thread until after you've "Graduated" from New Recruit, which I think is like 90 days after joining and the purpose for that is to encourage new members to look around, get a feel for the community, and try to get some projects done on their own before giving up and trying to buy one. The 405th is first and foremost a costume and prop building community, not a costume and prop selling community. We want people to at least try to make things on their own because there's a much deeper sense of pride and accomplishment from being able to say "yea, that's right, I built that myself" than "well, I went out and bought this."

And we get it, not everyone has the time, the resources, the workspace, or the knack for building things themselves. But we don't want people signing up, making a purchase, and then leaving a dead account lying around until they want to buy something else, either. The restrictions on access to the "classified ads" has been reduced immensely since Art took over (use to be you couldn't even see that there WAS a classifieds section until after 3-6 months and at least 100 "noteworthy" posts), but the intent of it remains the same. We build costumes and props here, but we're also building a community. We want people to stick around, share projects and ideas, and take part in the general camaraderie of the 405th as a group of people with a shared interest, not just vendors shilling their wares, you know?

Your probably lookin in to at least a grand to get one bought too so making one would be cheaper

You won't be able to post a thread until after you've "Graduated" from New Recruit, which I think is like 90 days after joining and the purpose for that is to encourage new members to look around, get a feel for the community, and try to get some projects done on their own before giving up and trying to buy one. The 405th is first and foremost a costume and prop building community, not a costume and prop selling community. We want people to at least try to make things on their own because there's a much deeper sense of pride and accomplishment from being able to say "yea, that's right, I built that myself" than "well, I went out and bought this."

And we get it, not everyone has the time, the resources, the workspace, or the knack for building things themselves. But we don't want people signing up, making a purchase, and then leaving a dead account lying around until they want to buy something else, either. The restrictions on access to the "classified ads" has been reduced immensely since Art took over (use to be you couldn't even see that there WAS a classifieds section until after 3-6 months and at least 100 "noteworthy" posts), but the intent of it remains the same. We build costumes and props here, but we're also building a community. We want people to stick around, share projects and ideas, and take part in the general camaraderie of the 405th as a group of people with a shared interest, not just vendors shilling their wares, you know?

90 days you say... been around a bit longer than 90 days. so it isnt automatic.
I like to lurk more then i post usually, but i finally have some more stuff to show again and some more time so I have posted a a lot more lately.
Come to think of it I joined a long long time ago but forgot what username I had.

90 days you say... been around a bit longer than 90 days. so it isnt automatic.
I like to lurk more then i post usually, but i finally have some more stuff to show again and some more time so I have posted a a lot more lately.
Come to think of it I joined a long long time ago but forgot what username I had.

90 days is part of it. I don't know if it's been changed since the new administration took over but the previous iteration going from new member to "Infantryman" (you couldn't even see the classified ads until you were Infantryman) required being a member for at least 90 days and having at least 100 posts (and more than just "Hey, looks good" a hundred times). There might still be a post count requirement, simply to encourage members to be more active and sociable. This is, after all, a community, not a collection of cubicles (don't worry, we don't bite). And I use to be the same way. I think after the first 4-5 months since I joined I had maybe 17 posts. But after a while you find ways to get more involved. A question here, an answer there. People posting a snag they've run into and looking for ideas on how to get around it, or creative new ways to add a detail or tweak. It's about finding your niche and getting comfortable. I've done a few paint projects and have read many how-tos and pro-tip books, so that's where I started. Set up a tent over at the "Help for Paint" thread and started jumping into the conversation. Had a concept, didn't know if it was viable, so I posted it over at the "Help for Misc" to see if anyone had any thoughts. And from there it just kinda grew. If you average even one post a day, you'll be there before you know it.

Zaff, I believe the time line now is 90 days, and 50 posts to move up from new Recruit. Also you gentlemen can join a regiment, even as New Recruits. Find the one that covers your geographical area, and send a PM to the leader of that group, generally the one listed as a Moderator for that group.

As for learning your way around, mainly read, and ask questions. There are ways of making some things without alot of space. If you are into 3 d modeling, I know that there are several people here who would give you pointers. Even if you don't make anything right away, you can still do planning, and get idea's on how, and what you want to make.

For space, Foam is likely your best bet on space constraints. If you can keep a small table to work on, and a pair of outlets, that is really all you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back