Is This An Ok Respirator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMNOspartan

Jr Member
This may seem like a noob question but... it is!

Would this respirator be safe for me to use if I were interested in using, fiberglass resin, fiberglass,bondo, and any other hazardous materials when making armor?

I'm fairly certain it is, and have read other threads regarding respirators but i wanted to just know for sure! Cause it's my safety we're talking about here, not just something less important (i couldn't think of something LOL!)

Thank you very much!

oh and here is the

LINK!

:) :)

Its a great question to ask. Its definitely better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) like those given off by fiberglass resin and Bondo.

It looks OK to me, but you probably want to think about why someone would be selling a respirator on eBay for $10. It could be faulty.

Bradon: but it does look good in your opinion? the more opinions the better ya know?

Rid3r: ya know that's what i though at first, but it DOES say new... but i dunno... :/

Thats exactly the same respirator I use. I LOVE IT!!! Its comfortable and the included filters are exactly what you need. You may want to buy some extra cartridges.

i have a very similar respirator and its great but the one thing you need to watch out for is the size. Id be cautious when buying something like that on ebay if you haven't been test fitted before buying. the filters in that ebay add are perfect for what you need to do... as stated above they are organic, and are under 20$ which what it would cost me to replace mine

yes that does the job, make sure you keep it allways in the bag and sealed off after u use it that way you wil be able to use it longer

Grtz

ok guys!! thanks you so so much!! you've all brought up points i didn't think of! you've been such a great help!

place bid... bing you are the current high bidder! hooray!!

thank you all! :)

Lmnospartan said:
ok guys!! thanks you so so much!! you've all brought up points i didn't think of! you've been such a great help!

place bid... bing you are the current high bidder! hooray!!

thank you all! :)

Yw ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
ok... so here's an update... i didnt' win the respirator. It went for 26 bucks plus shipping... i thought i had it but i guess not.

Anyway i bought a new one from amazon and here it is

Lmnospartan said:
ok... so here's an update... i didnt' win the respirator. It went for 26 bucks plus shipping... i thought i had it but i guess not.

Anyway i bought a new one from amazon and here it is

Hey, they have those at my local Home Depot and Lowes. Now I know what respirator to get for sure and where. :D Of course I cant resin though till it gets warmer outside. I thought it was spring...

Monicator said:
Hey, they have those at my local Home Depot and Lowes. Now I know what respirator to get for sure and where. :D Of course I cant resin though till it gets warmer outside. I thought it was spring...

YAY! that's cool! I'am glad this thread helped someone out other than me! Do you know what price they were going for at your home depot? i just wanna know i got ripped off... not that it matters anymore but...

tmeperature... :/

Lmnospartan said:
YAY! that's cool! I'am glad this thread helped someone out other than me! Do you know what price they were going for at your home depot? i just wanna know i got ripped off... not that it matters anymore but...

tmeperature... :/

Its about $30, but since I can just drive there and pick it up I don't have to pay for shipping so I guess its cheaper in that sense. :lol I only order online if I cant find things anywhere locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back