Soft Parts Is This Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this would work too well. Putting you head into the helm with nothing it's hot, but with a wool ski mask I think you would die (figuratively speaking) I would say find the thinnest thing that is not see through. My opinion.

Jtd18801 said:
I don't think this would work too well. Putting you head into the helm with nothing it's hot, but with a wool ski mask I think you would die (figuratively speaking) I would say find the thinnest thing that is not see through. My opinion.
I see what you're saying, but either way it's going to be hot inside, which is why I plan to install a small fan or two anyways. I should have said something about that, too. But, yes, I do know it's going to be hot, but there is no way to avoid that either way you want to go..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigalt424 said:
A Hydration bladder would help if it gets too hot. Then you drink the heat away
Lol. I plan to have something that will allow me to get a drink or two while underneath the helmet. I live in the south, so the heat is definitely a factor for me... D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut off the "face" part and just use the neck area. Looks kinda armor-ish. Better than nothing if you need a cheap alternative.

If you have the funds, an Underarmour Heat Gear face mask will do wonders for you. I used one almost constantly in Iraq (switching between heat gear and cold gear as needed). They are a bit expensive as far as face masks go, but in my experience, well worth it.

Mal

in answer to your question, NO. it really isnt good. the wool is hot and itchy SO you would start sweating your brains out litarley. its not a good cheap alternitave to some nice thin balaclava or neckties. good idea though, if youfind a thinnerone count me in, saves a $#!Tload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back