Is This Okay For Molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
The first one is just a brush on latex. You could use tube silicone and get the same effect. Probably cheaper as well.
The second one is a clear resin, it might be great for making ash trays, but I don't see it being good for armor, especially since I don't think it has any bonding properties to be used with glass. I could be wrong, but usually these craft products tend to be just that, for craft :D

I think that's the same stuff you can get at home improvement stores to pour over tables to give it that thick clear top like many restaurant tables..
table top resin

ok the resin is crap then but the mold is good? a gallon of it is practically half the price of what everyone else uses. and for casting i guess doing a fiberglass cast wouldnt hurt
and i guess a good test for the resin is cast a handplate and through it at the wall eh?

theres a reynolds advanced materials in orlando off of orange ave. they carry all the stuff that you need

link4044 said:
theres a reynolds advanced materials in orlando off of orange ave. they carry all the stuff that you need

I think I know where that is..

Last edited by a moderator:
where at in orlando? orlando is a good 20 minute drive for me going on the 417 to the 408 to get there and i dont have the most fuel economic vehicle of a steel tank

whats the place called and the exact address so i can put that in to the GPS

thanks alot adn from what i understand smooth cast 300 is good for the casts and the mold max stroke is good for molds correct? or do i use the urethane rubber brush on 35? and thnks man i wouldve never knew that i could get this stuff locally!

depends on what you want to mould...i would get mould max 30 if you want to mould the hand plate.....smooth cast 300 well work

just molding an entire suit i'm aware of costs me and a bunch of friends are raising money for this whole armor project for a few films and of course the conventions

crackhead09 said:
just molding an entire suit i'm aware of costs me and a bunch of friends are raising money for this whole armor project for a few films and of course the conventions

If you want to mold the whole suit, i would go with silicone.
This stuff isnt that great when molding a helmet or detailed parts, it's only suitable for handplates really..

-Fin(n)ish

well rebound 25 if you get the 5gal kit its going to run you close to $1000
or mould max 30 you'll need bout 15gals and there $500 for 5gal kits
then you'll need to make a mother mould for the armor moulds thats going to run you some cash also

so i think the rebound might be the best in product to make the armor and use the 30 for the details parts

crackhead09 said:

ask them questions if have any they well help you out alot. they have lots of examples there and they well show you how to do some the things.......they know me well there, im there like every other week

if you going to use rebound make sure to get the kolor pigment, when you do the layers it well help you out when add the next layers so you wouldnt miss any spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back