Is using this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaelen7

I'm new to this site, and i just started making my first helm. I just got done adding some spray-on clear enamel to give my helm some extra structual strength, and im about to resin my helm. i was just wondering if using this:
http://www.eti-usa.com/images/envirotex/20...irotex-Lite.jpg

is ok, instead of using traditional resin. if it is i will eventually bondo over it. (i will fiberglass the inside too)
(i will post some pics soon too. (helm is drying right now) i added some slight mods on mine.)

doodim1337 said:
I'm new to this site, and i just started making my first helm. I just got done adding some spray-on clear enamel to give my helm some extra structual strength, and im about to resin my helm. i was just wondering if using this:
http://www.eti-usa.com/images/envirotex/20...irotex-Lite.jpg

is ok, instead of using traditional resin. if it is i will eventually bondo over it. (i will fiberglass the inside too)
(i will post some pics soon too. (helm is drying right now) i added some slight mods on mine.)

I...I wouldn't think so, but don't quote me on it.

However a gallon or so of Bondo brand Fiberglass resin is around $30 from Autozone, so save yourself the trouble of if it's going to work, longevity, problems further down the line, etc...and get something tried and true.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so here is a major dump of all my pictures of my helm so far. note: i have slightly modded it so it looked more like the halo 3 version. (syflo just posted his halo 3 pep files as soon as i just finished making my halo 2 model >.<)
so lets goooo!!!
side view...
PICT0013.jpg

other side...
PICT0015.jpg

front...
PICT0014.jpg

back...
PICT0016.jpg

top...
PICT0017.jpg

bottom...
PICT0018.jpg

mod #1 see the vent on the side? (symetrical on both sides)
PICT0019.jpg

mod #2 see the indent near the top? (symetrical on both sides)
PICT0020.jpg

mod #3 see that vent? (symetrical on both sides)
PICT0021.jpg

mod #4 see both those vents on the top & bottom? (symetrical on both sides)
PICT0023.jpg

mod #5 see the extra thickness?
PICT0022.jpg

whew! thats was alot. im gonna resin it soon, and for those of you who were wondering, its shiny because of that spray enamel i put on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(doodim1337 @ Oct 24 2007, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok, so here is a major dump of all my pictures of my helm so far. note: i have slightly modded it so it looked more like the halo 3 version. (syflo just posted his halo 3 pep files as soon as i just finished making my halo 2 model >.<)
so lets goooo!!!
side view...</div>

How did you get yours so clean cut? I hot glued mine and it looks slightly off....heres my thread:
Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back