Props It's Laza Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm sure that after months of no updates you all thought that project splazer was no more. But it's back!

Today I finally got a 4' by 6' sheet of styrene plastic in the mail, so me and my trusty exacto knife had plenty to do this afternoon. It is about 1/16" thick, and is being used as the finished surface. I have cut in some details.

87553781sh0.jpg

39014556bw6.jpg

79553094kh1.jpg

Whoooo! Splazer's back in the works! Your detail work with the styrene is exquisite. Glad to see this project going again!

HOLY Mother of Halo!! that is one impressive Weapon. :eek:
Its real cool to see someone build a Splaser.
um... besides the lights aren't you going to have some sort of laser housed in the barrel in the front?? even though its a replica.
Other wise keep up the good work. :lol:

Wow dude. Freaking awsome. Its good to see someone adding support frames to pepakura weapons. The detail and planning is great! Cant wait to see the next update!

Thanks for all the support guys! I am currently still cutting styrene.

I have a question. In the picture below you can see how the lights on the laser look in the game - white, even bars of light. I am thinking about just putting in a thin sheet of styrene and putting LEDs behind it, but I am not sure if that will get the effect I want. Seems like I saw a method involving glue sticks awhile back on another thread. Anyways, suggestions would be appreciated!

gallery1461740697be2.jpg

Perhaps,a little diagram is in order...
O = real strong LED ---- = Plastic stuff from cover of a flurescent light case thing
O O O
----------
?? idk but it just poped into my mind. lol

you could put leds in either end of a piece of opaque plastic rod.

or use some small cold cathode tubes, like the ones used for lighting the inside of computer cases, that depends on the battery that you're gonna put inside it tho...

MadManInABox said:
you could put leds in either end of a piece of opaque plastic rod.

or use some small cold cathode tubes, like the ones used for lighting the inside of computer cases, that depends on the battery that you're gonna put inside it tho...
LOL, a car battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I made my Ghostbusters proton pack, I put pieces of thin plexi (perhaps 1/8" thick) on the cyclotron (where the red lights are) and sanded them on the inside with a fine grain sandpaper to help obscure the LEDs behind them. It worked pretty well and was very inexpensive. Unlike the rest of that project. :)

Russ

EL sheet also comes to mind, but i don't really want to buy a DC converter. Thanks for the ideas; I'll just have to try some of these out.

I can't believe I missed this awesome build! Great mix of materials to get the final prop. Can't wait to see more! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back