The armor was cast using Smooth-On VytaFlex 40 with black pigment added
the VytaFlex40 is thin like water and had to be thickened so I could brush it into the molds
the armor is backed with a foam sheet which had to be glued in with a smooth on adhesive
made for fixing torn urethane rubber molds because the adhesive that was on the foam sheet
would not stick to the VytaFlex40.
I did use the orginal polyurethane rubber and foam that was used to make the movie suits
but that material was very hard to use because it kicked to fast once it was mixed.
Here is a pic of my screen used armor with the first suit I made under it
Measurements were taken off the original to make wooden bucks
that were used to make the vacuum formed molds that the armor is cast from
all of the aluminum plates that are on the armor are made to the correct size
and attached with pop rivets
Yes the wooden patterns were made by hand, but not by me.
A freind of mine, knows a pattern maker and I gave him my
orginal screen used armor to take measurements off of.
He made the wooden patterns and also made the vacuum formed