Jackass Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
volkov said:
Seno, while obviously saving money is a good thing, if you really care about saving 10 dollars, your going to have a rough time when it comes to fiberglass work (my helms normally cost me about 100 dollars to make, including visor, and not including the hours of work I put into them). I wouldn't count on wal mart to put them on sale or anything, you might be waiting forever. IMO it stinks that it would cost 20 bucks, but you do what you gotta do....

On the other hand, my savings that I had on advice of my financial management teacher is all but slaughtered because I wanted some of adam's armor, and because I spend at least 100 per helmet I make.. and because a buddy wrecked my car and I paid for it... so I might not be really amazing with money... TBH if you pay me shipping I'd ship you some for the sake of the video, but the shipping might be expensive so even that might be a bad idea.

For the record, if either of you think my scout (which I temporarily hate and need to revamp) or MKV helms are of quality you find acceptable (ok it's not sigma quality but still) I would be more then happy to help you build your armor as long as you front the cost of materials, let's put SC on the halo map!

Also, if you bring me assembled peperuka and a decent supply of fiberglass and bondo, I would be more then happy to "mud" and sand your armor for you, as long as I don't have to pay, it's almost fun anyway, cutting and glueing pep is the anoying part.

Yeah, I see what you are saying, it's just that $20 seemed like a lot for simple paper, but I guess since it takes more to make it, it is pretty reasonable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Yeah, I see what you are saying, it's just that $20 seemed like a lot for simple paper, but I guess since it takes more to make it, it is pretty reasonable...

I agree, the price is IMO a ripoff, but it is a necesity unfortunately.

volkov said:
I agree, the price is IMO a ripoff, but it is a necesity unfortunately.

I still have half of my 250 ream and I've only to finish the HD torso and boots.

I'd love some help on sanding, but my parents are 'omg superstitious' about internet people.

They say I can't get a BlueRealm helmet because 'we b byin it offlinez lol'. I've explained that BlueRealm is one of the most trusted people for Halo armor ON THE EFFING INTERWEBZ, but they won't listen. They love living in an isolated world, I guess.

And my dad just bought, like, five different somethings for his work 'offlinez lol'. Hypocrisy = Gayness.

Also, 405th =/= MySpace, dumbarses.

My parents were the same.. I think after I got d2 and played it without them really knowing what it was and by the time they found out they realized that I had been playing online for a while and hadn't been decapitated by random stalkers they stopped caring. Thing is, I know more then them about computers, and they know it, so I guess that helped me get away with it... Although I won't act like maybe they were right in the end, I did have someone try to harass me... but I figure I was unlucky, anyway, that's what cutting the power and taking a break is for.

...Double post?

Also, my dad works with computers for a living...thinks he's God, or something.

It gets annoying, when he tries to fix something, and:

1. It ain't broke.
2. He screws it up even worse.
3. He somehow fixes it.

that's double post is odd, I hadn't even noticed, or had that happen to me before.. wierd.. yeah that's unfortunate for you, I don't know how I'd treat my kids as far as computer freedom goes.. I'd let them buy stuff.. but I'd be worried about them playing MMO's and the like, since that's where I've met the most screwed up people, but I think I turned out ok, so I'd probably let em do anything with it.

Ahh, guess I am more lucky than I thought o.o

I can basically do anything I want to on this here machine, my mom doesn't care, and my dad has no idea how to even spell computer :D

well, I'm back home, so I'm down for whatever.. can't make the video until I figure out how to make my boots more usable.. right now I can stumble around in them a bit but chasing someone might not work so well.. they'd be uncomfortable and probably fall apart

heh, the summers only just started, anyway I'm headed to the U.K. for a month soon anyway, then I'll be back for a while, then headed back to clemson

its a good idea
should make a flag pole for the flag, that'd be great :p

i might do this as a senior prank :p
but i am only a sophomore, gives me plenty of time to finish my armor doesnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back