Jaku's Venator, Marine, and Misc builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions, should I seal my chest plate or cut it and add clips/REM first. Also how should I do that? Cut just top bottom or both?

It depends on where you're adding the clips in my opinion. I also like using Velcro on foam tabs to help with alignment of plates so if you have an image with where you're planning on splitting things it may help.

Finally, does anyone have any warlock coat patterns? Or female Hunter, since my sister asked for my help with that cosplay.
I know BlazedStarbon was working on a warlock at one point and she may have a pattern floating around from that build. OH GREAT CANADIAN RCO, I CALL THEE FROM THE DEEPS.

Lieutenant Jaku for a coat pattern (if you plan to make one from scratch), JoAnn’s tends to have decently priced patterns for sale. Unfortunately, we don’t have that craft store up in Canada, so my warlock base was free-styled.

With no prior sewing experience, I took an old sweater and used that as a marking for the overall coat shape, and manually sizing sleeves that were pinned to my own arm.

Recently, I obtained a dressform mannequin, for ease of pinning and fabric placement.

Since Destiny’s designs are so unique, your best bet would be to alter a base coat with a similar shape, or alter a coat pattern that can be found online. I doubt it would help, but the link to my warlock build is on my profile page. There are other warlock builds that have been posted as well. :)

Check out mblackwell1102’s warlock on page 2 under the ‘Non-Halo Costume’ subforums. His build is more concrete for patterns.

I also painted the gub that I had made previously.
KIMG1504.JPG
KIMG1506.JPG
KIMG1510.JPG
And just because I think it's funny here is a picture from me taking apart the Xbox
KIMG1508.JPG

PerniciousDuke yep ive seen it before, in fact I belive bothh you and mblackwell1002 have told me to look at it before.
also holy cow Dirtdives i just got more than 30 alerts because of you.

Without seeing the models or your settings I'm guessing it's an issue with your supports and possibly flow multiplier based on the walls being a bit wispy in some parts and possible under-extrusion on the arms of the robot dude. Do you have some screen grabs of the settings and models so we can hivemind troubleshoot?

So yesterday I made and sealed a shoulder piece and it's painting day today.
KIMG1709.JPG KIMG1717.JPG
Got test peices with different base colors
KIMG1720.JPG
This is my weathered one so far
KIMG1726.JPG
By the way for those of you who did odst costumes (TurboCharizard PaiganBoi I'm talking about you guys) how did you attach the medical ID on the shoulder and what material did you use for it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
It would still work. It just wouldn't blend as well. Meaning it would look more like a sticker instead of getting sucked into the paint (which you can paint metal). But I'm confused. Your shoulder is foam, not metal.

The method in the tutorial would be done before any weathering technique.

Primer, paint, decal, weather, seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back