Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it Christmas Eve with a couple of friends in 3D. Totally worth the extra cash that we paid. I went in expecting to have 3D arrows and crap shot at me; nope, they actually did the 3D really well, there were maybe one or two points where they did that (near the very end) and that's about it.

All in all, a good movie, one that we all unanimously declared torrent-worthy.

I also enjoyed how they managed to put a quote unquote "sex" (technically mating scene) in and keep it PG-13. That was hilarious.

As for which side I'd choose... well, at first, I wanted to be human. Those mechs were awesome and if I had a Scorpion Gunship I would never need anything from anyone ever again. The Dragon gunship that can supposedly take out Manhattan inside 6 seconds reminds me of a Pelican, but fatter. Then I kinda started to reconsider because well, the Na'vi were the good guys in this movie and you kinda empathize with them and start to think they're cool. Plus, you know... nudity everywhere. That and Toruk Makto. That'd be awesome.

So it's pretty much a tie.

Finally just saw it

in Imax 3D.

The graphics is as amazing as people been saying.

AND to think at everything out side the humans where computer generated no wonder that it took 7 years to make.

BUT

I do agree with some of the critics about the story line, it is overly used.

Problem is that there is possible speak of a second movie. Which that never goes good, the Dark Knight was a rarity but look how many batman movies it took to get a good one....

RealD 3D is the only way to see this movie. Between the story line, the effects, the fact that they practically designed an entire planetary system, puts it easily in the top 5 that I've ever seen!!

Just saw it... I think it was probably worth it to see it in 3d. All in all, I think it was enjoyable to watch (mostly just to look at lol). Personally, I get quite sick of all of the anti-human sentiments (anti-tech etc), but in spite of the many cliches, it all came down to just being an extremely beautiful movie. Plus, I really liked the humans' mechwarriors. (I'll be happy when somebody actually has a 50ft tall unstoppable jenner, uziel, or madcat (yes I know they weren't all 50ft ;)), but these were pretty sweet. I also agree, those gunships reminded me of hornets. :lol and did anybody think of lancers when they saw the blade underneath the rifles on the mechs?

Cheers!!!

In NZ the hype is phenominal! its even bigger than susan boyle *cough cough"rubish"* and it certainly lives up to it i mean is soo good i even saw it twice. its an amazing movie and everyone young and old alike should see it. PS the 3D is better :)

I am really glad to see there are other people out there who appreciate AVATAR as much as I do. I saw this movie four times in theatres (3x2D & 1x3D) and loved every minute of it. If only someone would make some pep fils for the weapons and the bow.

I am really glad to see there are other people out there who appreciate AVATAR as much as I do. I saw this movie four times in theatres (3x2D & 1x3D) and loved every minute of it. If only someone would make some pep fils for the weapons and the bow.

dude, last post was in January 2010, and this thread started in 2009, there's no way people still look at this thread man. don't necropost, it's against the rules

lol how did you find it by the way?

Well, before this gets locked, I'll just say; I hated this movie.

Just throw Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves into a makeover machine, and we've got Avatar.

The fact that I have yet to enjoy a James Cameron movie probably doesn't help as well.

dude, last post was in January 2010, and this thread started in 2009, there's no way people still look at this thread man. don't necropost, it's against the rules

lol how did you find it by the way?

I forgot i shouldn't necropost, but I just looked through the genral discussion pages and found it. Besides, didn't you post onto it also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back