Jane Cobb's Vera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusak3

Member DIN
S474
Some months ago Ashuraa and I were approached by a friend and fellow cosplayer about wanting Vera. Well some time passed and I finally got a 3d printer and I said what the heck lets do Vera. Ashuraa had been talking to Jeffrey Tabban at Dutch props for awhile and we asked him to work us up a model of Vera for us. A lot of amusing story about timing but in short order we had our model of her. I have been quietly working away on her for some months as I get time and am quickly approaching done with the first Vera.. And here is where I feel the problem starts. The butt stock of Vera is to thin rails that support basically a block with more Huge shells stuck on top of it. I am building the piece currently in 3d printed pieces but honestly I am afraid it is not going to hold up to the abuse of being handled at con's. So I am seriously thinking about finding someone with a CNC machine to mill me out these two rails.

Once I get on a regular computer here I will post some work in progress pictures for everyone to see. Let us suffice to say she is a rather large weapon.
vera%20right%20side_zpsyhr7ufc4.jpg

vera%203_zpsuh53zawi.jpg

Last edited:
for 3D printing I use 3 outer shells, and this is more than enough to handle the rigors of costuming. I've got a CNC machine, but the details aren't quite as pronounced, so I'd stick with the 3D printer unless you value strength.

for 3D printing I use 3 outer shells, and this is more than enough to handle the rigors of costuming. I've got a CNC machine, but the details aren't quite as pronounced, so I'd stick with the 3D printer unless you value strength.
I am running 3 shells. I am having a bit of a problem with my one slicer program. Shells are not adhering well together and I havent figured out yet exactly what setting is the culprit. My other slicer program Cura lays out just fine but for some reason it wants to fill in some of the detail holes with solid fill. Again cant figure out why.

The only two pieces I am considering getting done on the CNC machine are the two arms that make up the collapsible butt stock.

Awwwwwwwwww yeah! I love Vera! I want to make one after I finish Mal's pistol, but I have a BR to build :confused:

0912162013.jpg
0913161613b.jpg
1225161855.jpg
1228161421.jpg
0912162013.jpg
Updated pics of our wip. Kusak and I have been hard at work on this baby and are willing to print more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back