Jasman Plasma Pistol Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley117

I finally tracked down a Jasman laser tag plasma pistol that wasn’t in the box (so it was cheaper and I don’t feel like a monster messing around with it). It’s one of the 1st gens that does not have the node-connection on the front and the top panel pops up when it overheats.

Here is my issue, the top panel is missing and I’m sure my chances of finding just that piece are slim to none. But I’m trying anyway.

Does anybody have a broken plasma pistol or just the top panel that they are willing to part with (again, this is the 1st gen version). Or does anyone have a file for printing this piece with a 3d printer?

On that note, has anyone come across or created a file for printing the fins on the Jasman plasma rifle? I feel like enough of us have lost them that someone should have developed the file to 3d print replacements.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 8A2541D2-3287-4F60-9BE6-88EAFAEEAD3D.jpeg
    8A2541D2-3287-4F60-9BE6-88EAFAEEAD3D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 151
  • 1A6B8F5F-010D-4408-AC39-A0F0499BC118.jpeg
    1A6B8F5F-010D-4408-AC39-A0F0499BC118.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 187
I had to make a mold and cast/lay up a replacement in fiberglass. Its going to be a week or two before I get access to my stored items, but I can check and see if I still have a mold.

A buddy and I did a big project to rebuild a pair of them without screw holes, better sound, prismatic finish and (as always) convert it to airsoft. The last being why I didn't feature it here. You can find details on his Youtube channel (Spartan Jess).

The fiberglass version is on the bottom.
20190602_142042.jpg

Here's the completed pistol:
20191225_124008_HDR~222.jpg

Here are the two reworked props next to the original toy. You can see how much work we did to eliminate screw holes, move speaker grilles,etc:
20190703_221928_HDR2.jpg

Ultimately, here is what the innards looked like:
IMG_20190519_221805048.jpg

Hard to believe it retained ALL of the laser tag functions (light, sound, laser and animation yet still had semi and charged shot airsoft capability.

The end result was that they looked cool but made so-so airsoft guns. I never would want to rely on one as a sidearm, but they sure are intimidating.

I'll get back to you if I still have that mold.

Redshirt
Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass

Attachments

• 20190703_221427.jpg
    20190703_221427.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 110
Thanks Redshirt, you helped me a couple years back with the schematics for building a replacement mosfet for my Chrono Blaster, I’m not surprised you might be my savior here as well.

I really appreciate you checking for the mold. If you do find it, please DM me and we can sort out details.

Those plasma pistol builds are beautiful, the finish and details are amazing, I can only imagine how impressive the functionality is.

Thanks again!

Thanks Redshirt, you helped me a couple years back with the schematics for building a replacement mosfet for my Chrono Blaster, I’m not surprised you might be my savior here as well.

I really appreciate you checking for the mold. If you do find it, please DM me and we can sort out details.

Those plasma pistol builds are beautiful, the finish and details are amazing, I can only imagine how impressive the functionality is.

Thanks again!
Kind words indeed. Thank you. Here's hoping I have the molds.

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back