Jax from Mortal Kombat arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayronimoj

IMG_0950.JPG
So I decided to try my hand at EVA foam fabrication. My first thing I wanted to try was to do Jax's arms from MKX. I tried free handing the armor template and testing with cardstock before I committed to foam. Didn't seem to line up right or the form was off. I know that the card stock doesn't bend and conform like foam, but still has me nervous as I'm extremely frugal and don't want to waste material.

Was wondering if anyone happened to have any similar patterns that could pass as Jax's arms or able to create some from a 3D model of him?
I could do the editing since my arm is kinda big 16.5in around bicep 13in around the forearms.

If you're looking for a similar pattern to base yours off of I'd suggest looking for Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist if you don't get any hits on Jax in your search.

As for being frugal, I know that feel. Paper shopping bags or a giant roll of butchers paper/painters drop sheet paper are your best friend for patterning because they're either free or less than $10 for 100m of the stuff.

If you can get the rough shapes for a base you can also heat form the foam for the complex curves so your pattern doesn't have to 100% conform to your arm, just be pretty close. That's the magic of EVA, the fudge factor is high and adding raised and recessed details can be used to hide your cheating if it's done in the right places.

Edit:

I started to chill and YouTube and stuff because being sick is butts. This came out today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back