JFO Helmet Build [Most Likely Will Become Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGenesis

Hey 405th,
I am a somewhat experienced in the field of "peping", but not so much for the steps that come after : I have at least a dozen Helmets that have been Peped, although none have been hardened. I am currently working on a JFO helmet http://http://www.4shared.com/file/inEYBwbq/JFO__Reach_JFO_Ironium_.html and thought I should share my progress with you all :) Feedback and constructive criticism are much appreciated. Here are Some Pictures:
decq.jpg
(Side Of The Helmet, angled)
lrgv.jpg
(Back Of The Helmet)
yviq.jpg
(Side Of The Helmet)
oagp.jpg
(Front Of The Helmet)

You will have to forgive me for the poor quality pics, all i have is a webcam.
Thats all for today folks, Hopefully i'll be done the peping stage by the end of tomorrow!

From what I can tell from pics everything is looking good. Looks good and crisp on the edges.

Were you implying that you are hardening this piece?
If so, Just don't psych yourself on hardening. Plenty of people on here to give you pointers and support. Goodluck

Good start. I usually start with the top of the helmet and work my way down to the opening in order to avoid the complication of closing up the top. But, it looks like you've got a good handle on things. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more.

QUICK UPDATE!
I got a bit done today, been working since 11 am. It ain't much, but hey! Here are some more pictures of my progress
o8ki.jpg

fmb3.jpg
(Notice how it seems dented at the top, it's okay because i haven't started working on the middle part yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good start. I usually start with the top of the helmet and work my way down to the opening in order to avoid the complication of closing up the top. But, it looks like you've got a good handle on things. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more.
You, know what, I've never thought of that.I always did find it tricky connecting the top half to the bottom half. I'll keep that in mind when I'm making another helmet.

Hey all!
So i finished up putting the pieces together later then I had expected. Anyways, here are some pictures. I'm planning on fiberglassing it sometime this weeken, if not, next week.
p81x.jpg
(Side View)
xcw2.jpg
(Front View)
81g9.jpg
(Back View)
4jwc.jpg
(Top View)
Also, just a quick question, is it a problem if I don't remove the hot glue strings off the helmet before I fiberglass it?

Also, just a quick question, is it a problem if I don't remove the hot glue strings off the helmet before I fiberglass it?

Hot glue can make the rest of the process (especially sanding) a lot more difficult, so it'd be best to get as much off of the surface as you can. The pep looks great though, very nice work.

If you're interested (I know you've just about finished the pepping at this point and might not want to start over) I have an unfolded game-ripped JFO (courtesy of MS7) that includes the neck/collar piece. If you're good with scaling you could possibly print out just that section and fit it to your current build if you don't want to start from the beginning.

The file is here if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back