Props Jimmay's br85hbsr first weapon/ h4 sliced battle rifle [wip][pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabris89

Good evening/morning 405th from TABRIS in Oz :D

having my bday and xmas 1month apart means that i get to go to bunnings and not use my own money ;) and this goes well when i have an idea and motivation at the same time.

so what did i get? MDF board, a sander, a jigsaw, a workbench, and some good advice from my mates.

and what am i starting.... the BR85HBSR Halo 4 Battle Rifle!
this is from the file .:[Battle Rifle [Sliced] (Sliced Halo 4 Battle Rifle_L3X)]:. 4SHARED LINK

qet6.png
7cry.png
so heres where we are so far...

as always...safety first, cutting MDF gets dust and crap everywhere!
rf3l.jpg
my workbench
y6ub.jpg
the put together cutouts from the PDO file get taped down and traced
tjb2.jpg
then rough cut and cleaned to the best i can without a dremel
fjy4.jpg
1by2.jpg

size to NERF (without buttstock and barrel)

size to ME
brff.jpg
and the 2 layers ive put out so far (out of 7, not including details)
z2r6.jpg

hopefully i should get 1:1 scale,if not pretty close to it. the HALO WIKIA says :

Length: 99.2 centimetres (39.1 in)
Height: 29.9 centimetres (11.8 in)
Width: 6.1 centimetres (2.4 in)
Weight: 7.6 kilograms (17 lb)

should get more done tomorrow, if not i have 2 RDOs this week :D

signing out...JIMMAY

qet6.png

7cry.png

rf3l.jpg

y6ub.jpg

tjb2.jpg

fjy4.jpg

1by2.jpg

brff.jpg

z2r6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:UPDATE: got 2 more layers put out yesterday :D probably would have got another one done but i had to go back to bunnings, for things and stuff...
w6sv.jpg
8wl7.jpg
80xu.jpg
admittedly this is me showing off abit but ive wanted a dremel for years and im just happy to have one finally :D

did a small test run with the engraving tool and although i need to work on controlling the thing, it went rather well
c3z2.jpg

you will notice on piece 3 that it has a covering of electrical tape. well that is because i had a derp moment -_-
i was assembling the pieces to see the scale-so-far, and 1 piece was sitting very oddly, turns out i left some of the template out and that was the handle piece... so i had to cut that part out by itself, cut the slice in half and sortof splice the missing part in. all in all it went well and wont be noticable when putting the whole thing together.
82w6.jpg

all in all im quite pleased where im at so far,
8e6a.jpg

comments/feedback/critiques are always welcome!

Jimmay

Attachments

• w6sv.jpg
    w6sv.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 8e6a.jpg
    8e6a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 80xu.jpg
    80xu.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 8wl7.jpg
    8wl7.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 288
  • c3z2.jpg
    c3z2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 82w6.jpg
    82w6.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 289
What is the thickness of mdf? Also, if you don't mind taking a picture of your jigsaw, along with a price. Would like to see what your using, if that's not asking to much, lol.

Lol no trouble at all :)

There's no one set thickness. A little research found 6mm, 9mm, 12mm and 18mm commercially available.
As arcanine said, there is a few sizes available. I found a range of 3mm-18mm+ at my local bunnings. And you could probably find higher based on your project needs.

This is the ryobi jigsaw i use and the bunnings link for that product.

The MDF board for the main parts is 6mm (9mm is abit to thick for 7 slices) and i have 3mm for the details that havent been added yet.

Also the 6mm boards are 1200mm x 900mm and i quite comfortably got 4 slices from one board.

Thanks man. I will definitely be watching this thread to see how this project turns out. Let me encourage you to keep the updates coming!

haha cheers for the encouragement Grace :D updates should be weekly since i work full time and only get hobbying done on RDO's.

:UPDATE: Yet another productive day today as yesterday was dedicated to League of Legends and Dead Space3 :D

got a wood cutting bit for my dremel and went to work on some not-done (see top post) details:
qyy5.jpg
came out very clean and detailed. theres still abit to go though, couldnt get at all of em with the new bit.

got all 7 layers cut out yo :D
0jzg.jpg
nsfg.jpg

Now what about size and the 1:1 mentioned before? My dimensions VS H4 dimensions
Length: approx 93cm (37in) {no barrel} VS Length: 99.2 centimetres (39.1 in)
Height: approx 32cm (13in) VS Height: 29.9 centimetres (11.8 in)
width: approx 42mm (1.7in)(7 X 6mm ea) VS Width: 6.1 centimetres (2.4 in)
weight: approx 5KG (11lb) VS Weight: 7.6 kilograms (17 lb)

\ size to me\ i'm about 5ft 10in
vac4.jpg
cvns.jpg

there is still ALOT of details to cut, sanding to do, cleaing up in general; but the main body is out and about and i am one happy jimmay today :D

comments/feedback/criticisms off ya go,
JIMMAY

Attachments

• 0jzg.jpg
    0jzg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 295
  • qyy5.jpg
    qyy5.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 278
  • nsfg.jpg
    nsfg.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
  • vac4.jpg
    vac4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 259
  • cvns.jpg
    cvns.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 297
This is looking pretty good so far! I'm interested to see how it'll develop once you've added some more of the details :)

Oh and that Dremel tool looks wicked; I'm now tempted to pick one up from Bunnings myself :p

I've been thinking about making a sliced BR also but I was wondering did you print it out on regular printer paper or used a plotter or larger printer?

0r9n.jpg

haha sorry to disappoint. im using a normal HP printer, over 35 A4 pages, which i cut and taped using masking tape. i would love some of the industrial stuff the other lads have on here but make do with what you have lol

Attachments

• 0r9n.jpg
    0r9n.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 286
Dude this is looking awesome so far :)

I will admit, i am super jealous of your dremel box though. Its so pretty lol

looking amazing Don't you love sliced designs i know I do. except for the weight lol.

Loving what I'm seeing, glad to see another update. Good work Jimmay boy!
Cheers Grace!

Dude this is looking awesome so far :)

I will admit, i am super jealous of your dremel box though. Its so pretty lol
it is isnt it :D i was going to get the model down, but i found a $50 note being used as a book mark :S so i said why not, pretty dremel it is :D

looking amazing Don't you love sliced designs i know I do. except for the weight lol.
they are so easy to work with arent they :D TBH i dont mind the 5KG behind it. lets you know you have a solid design, keeps with the 1:1 theme, and when you give it to people to hold and their response is "holy (profanity)", you know you're doing the job right!

That weight is the first thing people notice when i hand them my assault rifle. It makes a "This is not some cheap toy" moment. Don't get me wrong I love the ones I have seen that are cast. but there is definitely something more real having iit there.

This is looking pretty good so far! I'm interested to see how it'll develop once you've added some more of the details :)

Oh and that Dremel tool looks wicked; I'm now tempted to pick one up from Bunnings myself :p

Oh crap im so sorry i missed your comment Hog! i try to reply to everyone lol :)
thanks for the encouragement man, should be getting onto sanding and details these days off, fingers crossed.

dont do it its a....na do it dremels are awesome ;)

Haha that's alright man. Have you had time to make any more progress?

na not for a while HogSmith :( i got a set of small wood files and did some work on detail spots, but been busy with work and what not and havent had that much time to armor. restarted my EOD chest and helmet as theyr indoor activities lol but no updates for the BR. i'LL try to get some work in this weekend for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back