Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceHigh

Yeah, so I killed all my links. If you downloaded them, feel free to build them, but please respect my wishes not to distribute them any further.

awesome! yes he has to be the best character ive seen, looks like this will turn out great, me and blender just dont go together at all ahaha :D

Epic man, now someone has to make that heavy gun that he carries around...lol... someone is going to have fun with that one. But I think you should increase the size of that shoulder shield, its just my opinion because I thought it was alittle bigger.

great work on the chest piece :D i finished my helm today :D and i've made the raw file available. if you want to modify the helm for a smoother one by any means go ahead :D some of the parts on my model is just messy and might need an improvement. i used 3ds max on mine and the .max file is in my thread.

Thanks a lot guys. Jason02 did an unfold which I will post along with the other stuff as soon as I get his permission.

raziel, I'm having enough trouble getting my own files to look good. :lol I'm not the one to go digging in other people's work to improve it.

I'm going to try for the gauntlets and shin pieces next I think. The gun will have to wait for later. I've also downloaded Blender 2.5.1, and the layout is quite different from 2.49b which I used to make the chest. It looks promising though, so I'm hoping it will be a step in the right direction.

The shin piece is starting to take form. The bad part of being a perfectionist is really starting to show, I have started from scratch three times on this because I didn't like how it turned out. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow, that is given that I can stop tweaking it over and over and over. Right now I need a break though.

Here's progress so far:

JorgeShin.jpg

Do you have any progress yet?

It seems like so far you are the only one modeling Jorge's armor, and I can't wait to begin to make it :)

Ah well, I'll probably start making the helmet first anyway.

PS. I agree with a guy above me, you should probably make the shield on the shoulder a little bit bigger.

I'm making progress, and I had a few more files posted a couple of days ago, but then the forum crash took them away... I figured that it is probably best to wait until everything settles to post new files in order to keep myself from reposting them 37-ish times. :lol

About the shield, I wasn't too happy about it either. I have remodelled the chest a bit, and it was one of the things I changed. I also added a back piece, since I found a brief reference that the rear part of his armour looks just like the other guys, just with his yellow plate over it. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's better than backless. The chest looks like this right now:

JorgeChestv4front.jpg
JorgeChestv4back.jpg

The height of the sheild hasn't really changed. The difference is that I gave it a downwards slope at the back part, and changed the angle and length of the yellow plating. The chest plate itself is more compact, therefore the shield looks bigger in comparison. I'm still tweaking it though, and have a few other minor details to change before I want to release it again.

Anyway, the files that are mostly done are the chest, gauntlets, shins and boot caps. I'm making good progress on the upper arms as well, hoping to have them done in a few days. I'm going to be modelling the thighs, cod-piece and the helmet as well, just to have a suit modelled entirely by myself, but for the thighs and cod-piece regular mark VI should do, and raziel's helmet would definitely work.

Oh yeah, and the gun will be comming too eventually...

zabicvamic said:
wow i wish i could do that your not using blender are you?

Yes, I am using Blender 2.49b. I don't really see why my models would be any better than yours, so I certainly believe you can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are really comming together now. Jorge 052 is taking shape, and I really think this might become something awesome. I'm going to purchase a password for Pepakura Designer later this week so I can do my own unfolds and have complete control over the process of my 3D models. Hopefully I will be able to publish a complete suit for Jorge latest Sunday, including the gun, helmet and backpack.

In the mean time, I am leaving you with a little teaser of what will come.

JorgeSuit.jpg

Rock said:
Ok I really want this now...

It's all comming, be patient. ;)

Done modelling the thigh. Most likely nobody but me will be able to use this, as I have modelled it after myself and I have really thick thighs. :angry I'm big all over, but my thighs are ridiculous. Being a football lineman for seven years hitting the gym 6 days a week does that to you... :lol

Cod-piece, gun and helmet to go, then I'm beginning to unfold.

JorgeThighv1.jpg

please! get this done! I have been wanting to make jorge armor ever since I first saw his bio on halopedia!

Rock said:
Actually I am pretty thick too so I should be able to use it too.

Might, I'm just sending out friendly warnings so people don't pep my things and end up with something that's good in length but waaay too wide.

Finished with the codpiece. Just the helmet and gun left. Most of the triangles in the render aren't triangles at all, just bad rendering.

JorgeCodpiecev1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back