Props Jorge 052 Chain Gun Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akademee

I believe I have a serious problem, a disease if you will, and I have found that many members of the 405th have contracted this epidemic as well. When I see something cool, amazing, bad-ass, etc., a voice in my head tells me "Hey Ian, you've got to make that, CAN YOU DO IT!?" I like to call this: Awesomous Wipitis

So not far after the first glimpse of Reach, and meeting Jorge 052 for the first time, I realized that I HAD to have it, everything! The armor, the helmet, the BFG, heck, even the hunch was bad-ass. So through gathering materials and using the fantastic .pdos of the chain gun produced by AceHigh, who's work I admire greatly, I am ready to start work.

Plans are always good...

I recently received a broken NERF chain-gun, Vulcan, thing, and I have begun to dismantle it to find suitable parts. the trigger and handle are in very good shape, but through examining AceHigh's files, I noticed that the vast majority of the parts would not be as useful as I thought, so they will most likely serve as details at the end, everything has it's place somewhere, either in the prop, or in the garbage. :(

ODST003.jpg

I am adopting a system that deals with building the core of the gun first with some cardboard packaging tubes on the way and with the recent find of an entire roll of aluminum flashing for use in later large detailing and structure, this project should go nice and smoothly.

Thanks 405th!

Awesomous Wipitis

Heh heh, I've caught that serveral times in the past :p.

Symptoms may include:

*Irregular Drooling for long periods of time.

*Loss of Sleep.

*Back ache.

*Sudden Nerdgasms.

*Involuntary use of the word,"Epic!"

If you start to have any of the symptoms please notify your doctor or Bungie.

As of right now, there is no known cure.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Heh heh, I've caught that serveral times in the past :p.

Symptoms may include:

*Irregular Drooling for long periods of time.

*Loss of Sleep.

*Back ache.

*Sudden Nerdgasms.

*Involuntary use of the word,"Epic!"

If you start to have any of the symptoms please notify your doctor or Bungie.

As of right now, there is no known cure.

-Pony

Other symptoms:

*Parents taking you in for psych exams

*Irregular eye-blink patterns.

Looks like it'll be quite a bit of work. But hey, if you can turn that into an accurate replica, the more epic it will be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the shout-out. I'll be following this one for sure. If you need any help with measurements or something, let me know.

Yeah thanks for spreading the Awesomous Wipitis to me. Really appreciate it :D

But this certainly is a badass project and I'm excited to see what you come up with. Keep it up!

Ill be watching this! Can't wait to see this when it is done...i also have AceHigh's files and plan on doing that soon...almost done with the mkVI....

just keep in mind that this will not be put out in a week or a month, I am doing this on a lower than low budget since I want to spend the money on the armor, not the gun, I will be getting parts as I find/need them, like raiding people's recycling! :p

Yeah, well say PLEASE!

Finally some updates, the entire build was hanging on finding the right sized central tube and the rest was an easy assemblage of cardboard. I have the back section nearly done, I should be finished with that tomorrow and will begin on the tube details and the handle. The cardboard is fairly rough and will only serve as primary structure for the bondo-ing that is far to come.

chaingun001.jpg

chaingun003.jpg

chaingun002.jpg

:confused OK, so I hope these new forums work, a bit confusing, but I'm sure they are working on it. In the meantime, or downtime, I've managed to do some major work on the chain-gun and I am nearly done with the back end.

Everyone likes updates!

chaingun005.jpg

chaingun004.jpg

chaingun007.jpg

I can see this going somewhere man! This is starting to look really good, and it looks like its coming along nicely too! Keep up the great work, and cant wait to see new progress pics!!!!! :)

Thanks, I know it looks like crap now, but I'm on essentially a trash budget the masking tape is to make the bondo-ing a bit less intensive. I should have the back half of the gun finished anytime now...

Thanks, I know it looks like crap now, but I'm on essentially a trash budget the masking tape is to make the bondo-ing a bit less intensive. I should have the back half of the gun finished anytime now...

I understand man, I personaly have been doing scratch building for a little over 3 years now, so..... yah! Anyways, I was saying that truthfully! It does look like its going somewhere, and it really does look good arleady! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back