Journey of EVA foam Master Chief VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY! So after watching a few of Spacemeat the Cosplay's well detailed videos I think I'm scrapping my original idea of building the pieces out of pepakura first to make sure its sized correctly. Not to mention I was trying to figure out how I would decide what pieces would be together as one etc. Well like I said those videos were incredibly helpful and I have spent the last....2 hours? Joining/disjoining, rotating, and chucking pieces to create something that I hope makes sense when I put it on foam. What do you think? I'm hoping this will short cut me a little into creating onto foam.
Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.01.38 AM.png

Colour schemes for the kid's chest pieces. :)

archestcolourscheme.jpgtevchestcolourscheme.jpgkyrchestcolourscheme.jpg
Now that I have better visual aids after playing in Pepakura Designer last night I wanted to play with their different colour schemes. I think these are going to look sooooo awesome, I hope I can do these pictures justice!

The foam unfold you did looks pretty good. If you are interested in other foam unfolds of the Mark VI armor, here's a link to the thread on the rpf forum. The foam files are low def. but details can be added in because of the properties of foam.

I think those color schemes will work great. All three of the chests look different from each other in regards to using the secondary colors. I think your kids will love them! What do they think of the color schemes?

Spacemeat is an excellent example to follow. EVAkura is also another person to follow when it comes to using foam. I've converted from pepakura to foam because of Spacemeat. His videos are extremely helpful.

The foam unfold you did looks pretty good. If you are interested in other foam unfolds of the Mark VI armor, here's a link to the thread on the rpf forum. The foam files are low def. but details can be added in because of the properties of foam.

I think those color schemes will work great. All three of the chests look different from each other in regards to using the secondary colors. I think your kids will love them! What do they think of the color schemes?

Thank you very much, I think I got the low def of a full pepakura instead of one meant for foam, I will certainly check out the forum.
And yeah the kids are really excited for their colour schemes, I made sure they had full input to which colours were going to be more visible then the other etc. :) I wish I could make this faster.....truly.

Spacemeat is an excellent example to follow. EVAkura is also another person to follow when it comes to using foam. I've converted from pepakura to foam because of Spacemeat. His videos are extremely helpful.

I will certainly look up EVAkura, anything to get more insight into foam. I'm planning on doing a bit of both, pepakura and foam, for my personal suit.

I'm planning on doing a bit of both, pepakura and foam, for my personal suit.
That is certainly a good path to take. For my next build a majority of the pieces are going to be foam but the helmet is guaranteed to be pepakura.

Since you want to keep the original colors of the foam, I assume you will not be using plasti-dip?

That is certainly a good path to take. For my next build a majority of the pieces are going to be foam but the helmet is guaranteed to be pepakura.

Most of it will be pep, but probably thigh pieces and MAYBE the codpiece for sitting comfort.

Since you want to keep the original colors of the foam, I assume you will not be using plasti-dip?

Probably spray on modge lodge / clear coat to keep the colour

I've converted from pepakura to foam because of Spacemeat. His videos are extremely helpful.

For my next build a majority of the pieces are going to be foam but the helmet is guaranteed to be pepakura.

Same here on both counts. Spacemeat knows his stuff and explains it very well. He convinced me that foam's lighter, cheaper, faster, easier, more durable, more flexible, and more mobile. But I like the helmet to be more rigid. I just finished my first foam piece in a quarter of the time it would have taken me to pep.

Wow it's been a while but I haven't stopped, or at least my kids haven't let me stop, the planning process and build of their Chiefs. We made a little headway on it the other day.

Since I bought a brand new hot knife and hasn't really don't in the way of using it, I decided to test on some regular grey eva foam before moving to the much more limited colour foam. I am happy I did.

I also was originally planning on making each suit one at a time and then decided against that (since I want to try and keep them all three engaged with the process) to make a little of each suit at a time. I may have to keep tabs as to how thin my hair line gets...hahaha...just kidding.

10989212_789319441180909_5656984566828948787_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back