Just Another Armor Newbie? Mjolnir Mk VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this is totally random, but do you have color chosen yet??

Not random! But yes, going with the traditional chief color!

very nice work but i will agree with all the rest of the guys about your healyh.. please use a respirator and try to wear clothes and cover all the body parts to avoid contact with the resin..... and again nice job!!!!

Already done :) But thank you!

Update:
-Got a dremel today! I'll be getting the details in on the helmet tomorrow, finnnnnally!
-Put together the left bicep. I did a really lazy pep job on it, though. Loss of sleep, really annoying glue problems, and watching Harry Potter aught to be the source of the trouble...
-Put another handplate together. Still a little too big.
-Putting together a regular chief-sized forearm for practice before I do the correct size.
That's it for now. Pictures tomorrow.

Time to get some long awaited sleep!

Not random! But yes, going with the traditional chief color!

That. Is. Awesome. =]] cant wait to see it done.

-Put together the left bicep. I did a really lazy pep job on it, though. Loss of sleep, really annoying glue problems, and watching Harry Potter aught to be the source of the trouble...

Time to get some long awaited sleep!

Thats funny, i also lost a lot of sleep Watching harry potter last night =p

I've had a friend using the exact same 'Harry Potter' excuse as to why she hasn't finished her Uni assignment for the past 3 nights, hehe.

@Kanniba1istic and Coroidan
Hahaha, wow, awesome! Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family ALLLLLLLLLL weekend. Totally made pep work worth it. I have those movies drilled into my mind, I swear. They didn't show the Half Blood Prince, though. Sadface! But jeez, I wish I could go to Hogwarts... Hollywood definitely screwed with my head.

Amazing work. and i have to say that you have a lucky boyfriend if you do make him a suit. my wife just rolls her eyes at me when i talk about anything to do this

@Kanniba1istic and Coroidan
Hahaha, wow, awesome! Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family ALLLLLLLLLL weekend. Totally made pep work worth it. I have those movies drilled into my mind, I swear. They didn't show the Half Blood Prince, though. Sadface! But jeez, I wish I could go to Hogwarts... Hollywood definitely screwed with my head.

i watched the whole thing too, but if you ask me, harry potter is a more than reasonable excuse to not get any work done =P

Amazing work. and i have to say that you have a lucky boyfriend if you do make him a suit. my wife just rolls her eyes at me when i talk about anything to do this

That's a bummer! Haha

i watched the whole thing too, but if you ask me, harry potter is a more than reasonable excuse to not get any work done =P

Right? Good stuff! :)

UPDATE:
Both biceps, ready to roll.
photo-5.jpg

First forearm, chief sized. Ready to print out the correct size. This was difficult! So much detail :p
photo-4.jpg

Two failed scaling attempts. Went from 66" down to 63", but no major difference... Going to try 59". Not using the edge ID numbers is a lot easier with the hand plates, so I shall continue with that.
photo-3.jpg

Looking good! I wish I could pep like you. Mine always look sloppy to me. Yours is always crisp & clean. Again, great work!

Nice pepping skills!

Good folds. Sharp creases. No warping.
Extra Kudo's for doing the one hand plate with no edge ID's!
Keep posting your progress pics and keep up the good work! :)

Cheers!

Nice pepping skills!
Good folds. Sharp creases. No warping.
Extra Kudo's for doing the one hand plate with no edge ID's!
Keep posting your progress pics and keep up the good work! :)
Cheers!

Thank you! :)

Helmet update:
It's coming along.... slowly. I'm pretty sloppy with the bondo at the moment because of the cold weather, but once it gets warmer I'll be able to get it smoother, ya dig?
I've been sanding the brim. I'm trying to get the edge nice and crisp.
Sometimes it's good to be a perfectionist, in this case it's good, but it's just plain annoying... sorta?

This is going to take awhile :p
photo-7-1.jpg

photo-6.jpg

I agree! The bondo/sanding phase is quite a pain in the @$$. I really did not like it due to the hard labour involved.
But your right! Being a perfectionist at this point is good. Spending the time to sand it nice and super smooth and to round off the areas that need to be round, will pay off when it comes to painting.

From what I can see... you will have lots of sanding to do.

My recomendation is to start with a low grit sandpaper (say a 40 grit) to sand it down to where you want it. Then switch to a higher grit (80 or 120) to get rid of the scratches. After that I'd go to a 240 or 300 to make it nice a smooth. I have even taken it further with at 400 grit wet sanding to give it a nice polished look.

Excellent progress! :)

coming for the smashrepair industry i would say to start with 40grit to get the shapes basiclly how you want them, use 80grit to get the shapes perfect, use 120grit all over to remore the deep scratches, then 180grit before you prime it, then rub it down with 240grits and 500grit before you paint it so that you get a perfect finish, if you dont use 500grit last it shouldnt matter to much, it's just you might see the scratches under the paint when you look closely, hope that helps if need/want more info pm me about
and i think your work has been amazzing

This is really coming along awesomely, and now I feel bad again for not getting cracking on mine! haha! Also, it sucks that the weather isn't behaving itself for you. I guess something good about Australia is it always seems to be pretty frigging hot =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back