Just thought of a really awesome Idea for Gungnir Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not quite sure how post a picture... but here is my attempt. i started building the helmet and i think it could work with my iphone. ill update my post later once i get it worked out. for now, here it is?

gugnircam.jpg

The problems is depth perception, the screen being right in yo face, not being able to see the screen because its too close. You should check the GUNGNIR/ Haunted helmet idea thread, we decided on camera viewfinders, lenses of all kinds, and vacuforming the whole front part, and finding a paint color window tint or somethin.

Indeed, having your eyes only a few inches from the LCD would make it severely out of focus. As such, there must be a lense that corrects this problem. I believe that the rc car mentioned earlier would be this gizmo right here. I managed to get me one for cheap at a local liquidation outlet.

Its eyepiece black and white and requires about 2 inches of clearance to fit on the eye, which wont be a problem for a 3 inch gap. My main reason besides time that I haven't made some sort of night vision goggels out of mine is that im a bit clueless about whether the cars camera is capable of a direct link to its LCD or if it requires part of the wireless circut to modulate the signal. I could probably figure this out if I spent the time to tinker with it. Reguardless, this eyepiece system only covers one eye, so get used to only using one eye.
-Gryphon

iPod nano 5th gen works pretty good with the brightness turned down. That whole night vision thing sounds absolutely crazy! I have no experience with working on electronics so I'm gonna try and do this with things around my house.

Has anyone started building the actual helmet yet besides me? I want to see a pic if u did :)

edit:

i haven't been having a big issue with depth perception, i guess it depends on what camera/screen your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back