Just try and tell me this isn't the most ridiculous stuff ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants shock value.
Like goatse or Chris Crocker.
Its frowned upon by most sane people, and rather idiotic.

But Im afraid to google 'mass effect' after hearing his version of it.

i didnt get a chance to play mass effect but...was it even like that?

i dont member a dmeo or hearing about it being like that?....id say the Hott Coffee mod for GTA4 or the sims Nude Patch would have been worse lol

Wow, that guys is so far off base.

Since when could you change the "bust" of any charcter? Sodomy? I think I missed that one two. The guy should play the game, then open his mouth. Moron.

[Flame suit]

Honestly Mass Effect is a way better game than Halo 3. Halo is old and clunky doing the same thing with the same weapons as the first two. It is also just a scoot and shoot, not very fun anymore.

[/Flame suit]

CMANavy said:

Since when could you change the "bust" of any charcter? Sodomy? I think I missed that one two. The guy should play the game, then open his mouth. Moron.

[Flame suit]

Honestly Mass Effect is a way better game than Halo 3. Halo is old and clunky doing the same thing with the same weapons as the first two. It is also just a scoot and shoot, not very fun anymore.

[/Flame suit]
Expect a bit of heat coming towards your way, especially since this is a Halo related message board. But I have to say, even Halo does get a bit boring for me after a few hours, and I haven't played Mass Effect yet, so I can't say anything about that.

Oh right, and to that article, WHAT THE HELL!?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but i object

Video games are in fact made to be an extension of sorts for the human phyce. It is made to be Entertainment. Games have ratings and if a parent buys there child an M rated game the parent should expect it to be like an Nc-17 rated movie. dont target the game. i mean do you go insulting playboys creator. you go yell at hugh? no you yell at your son for having the magazine under his bed. target the parents for once. Without games the world would be muc diferent sir. you see that Hd screen in your living room. that was created by a NERD who played Vidioe games whe he was little.

thats the e mail i sent him.

I won't try to tell you that this isn't the most ridiculous stuff ever because it is the most ridiculous stuff ever.

Anybody who has played the game knows that you can only alter the players face, and there is no nudity beyond a little bit of butt. But whatever, it's sorta like when DOOM first came out. Everybody was throwing a fit because they thought it would turn their children into mindless killing machines.

DOOM is classic btw. I feel like playing it right now. *boots up copy of DOOM

oh its this guy.

he did 'a review of halo 3 throught the gamers eyes' in which he talked about how reliable his ps2 is (yea, i know, dont even start) and then he asked his son what halo was about to which the son replyed (presumibily to get him to blam off) 'you go around n shoot stuff'.

i dont know how he gets payed for this.

UNSCCO said:
Guess who happened to pick of the article from townhall? FOX news...lol. Found out about this on crave and its hilarious.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/keighley...sexbox-sexpose/
SeXbox? Where do they come up with this stuff. Oh, that's right. It was on Family Guy.
Oh yah, and the article on townhall also recently got pulled from the website and the guy wrote a formal apology.
Oh i wanted to punch that girl in the face she goes to far into something with out knowing barely anything about the subject and she just goes and says stuff like "well all kids/teens will act like this in there life" i've been playing rated M games since i was like seven and i dont go out shooting people with a gun no i use my brain and know that its a video game that its fake and that i shouldnt do what i do in there.

P.S. dont say like "but you said that you wanted to punch her i face that could be from to much video games" no I'm not actually gonna punch her in the face just said that to show you how made I was at her.

if i was the guy from spike tv after the news was dne id take both of the women and sit them infront of mass effect for 72 hours. then tell them to tell me heres sex and too much violence in it. mabey once in a while people should play the games before getting upset.

Though I do agree kids under 18 shouldnt play mass effect, that is because of the sexual scenes in the game, there is stripper aliens dancing, and a alien which comes and starts "touching" the main character in sexual ways. Though you dont see anything more than just touching for afew seconds, you know from their conversation and actions, what they get into when the screen fades out black.

I think the game being rated M if fine, parents just need to take action and find out what M stands for, I mean, I played GTA3 when I was 13-14, but that was because the game was super violent (and some language) but I didnt play san andreas when it came out, there was WAY too much language, way more violence, and actual built in sex games, that game needed to be rated A. San andreas was worse than mass effect.

Mass Effect was a great game and my mum didn't care about the sex actually she read the review by OXM and said it sounded great because of the story and she didn'y even care about them "Showing a little skin"

that lady who said that violent games de-sensitize people should really be shot

there is no proof of that.

ok one kid goes on a rampage because he thinks when he gets shot 37 times he will come back to life and walk out of a hospital.

and he was playing grand theft auto. which actually puts you in real world places and situations.

that is one kid who is obviously not in the right state of mind

not like halo, mass effect, bioshock, and so on where nothing is even remotely close to being realistic.

how many of you think that in 2555 we will be able to make a armor suit with a shield??

right now we can barley figure out an alternative for oil. we cant even make good enough equipment to find osama bin laden. and we have been after him for 6 years and he has made a million tapes yet we still cant find him.

or like the other idiot who said "oh yea i could go to iraq because im good at halo" they should send him to iraq just so he can see how real life compares to video games.

in real life you dont run around a battle like a moron spinning in circles, shooting, and killing people. it takes strategy.

and there have been "studies" that prove that video games actually help the brain develop certain senses like response time and strategic abilities and so on.

yea ok so you could bang someone in a video game. whats her point.?

i guess she thinks it will teach you how to do it with a real person?

that lady needs to stop listening to everything the media says.

cause half of what is said is lies. they just tell you **** to try and get you to believe and supposedly be " safer" and "healthier" by buying a ton of **** that is more likely to harm you than help you.

people need to look at the big picture and things in general.

video games make people happy and calm people down. it is the media that is telling people that video games are bad and have negative effects. because then once someone hears that they will start to think about it and eventually go on a rampage. it is the medias fault for everything that is happening from violence to weight gain and loss.

this whole thing makes me want to make all the human weapons from halo, send it to that lady with a message saying
" So you think because i made props from a video game i am now going to buy a real assault rifle and kill 50 people?"

END RANT

silvercookie said:
that lady who said that violent games de-sensitize people should really be shot

That line made me laugh. :rolleyes

CMANavy said:

[Flame suit]

[/Flame suit]
Really? You should get XBox Live. To me there are always little hidden perks to look for on the halo series. ex.(The Hidden text on Battle Creek , The Man in his boxers on the Halo 3 level , or when you turn on the IWHBYD skulls on any of the halo series.) Looking for the skulls is a new game in-its-self to me. But hey - Every one is different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back