Kat Helmet -among other things- WIP (Annanymous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annanymous

Soo I just got the helmet pepped! It definitely has some warpage going on but I am hoping that I can fix that with bondo! Anyway, here are some pics!

Also, the Reach Magnum you are seeing in one of the pics was NOT made by me. It was made by a talented 405th member named Kwameninja who takes commissions to make weapons. Check out his stuff!

Photo333.jpg

Photo334.jpg

Photo327.jpg

Photo326.jpg

I was told she bought the suit from Halogodess, everything except the helm, that's why she's buildin it.(quoted in a paraphrase from her sister WIP thread. lol )

that is correct sir! Although this will also become an undersuit thread as well as the pieces that won't fit me (definitely the boots, probably some other pieces as well) Annd I still am waiting for Halogoddess to ship it over so >_< Can't quite work on those pieces yet

Ahh ok, I missed that in the other thread, sounds cool can't wait to see it all together, Your gonna like the foam suits they are alot more comfortable just finished mine and i can jump around in it and do stuff I couldn't do im my pep'd MKVI suit not to mention its really light weight

Ahh ok, I missed that in the other thread, sounds cool can't wait to see it all together, Your gonna like the foam suits they are alot more comfortable just finished mine and i can jump around in it and do stuff I couldn't do im my pep'd MKVI suit not to mention its really light weight

yeah I am pretty excited. A main reason why I am buying HG's suit is so that I will have a foam suit for reference so that I can start making my own. I'd really like to make some foam armor xD

First time using foam! Woooo. So heres what I had in mind for the boots I'll be using for this suit. I saw that 405th member "Zonbi" kind of made her own style of reach boots for her noble 6 build, and they looked simple enough to free-hand (since I'm assuming she freehanded them as well.) So these were done free hand and are not finished I don't even know if I am going to make a second one because I'm not a huge fan of them.

There is a back part/strap thing to be added to keep the back of my shoe in place, (similar to the back of a "Croc" sort of.) Anyway, we'll see what happens with these. They look mighty wide and I'm not too sure how much I could change that width.

Photo335.jpg

Photo332.jpg

also I thought I'd just add some colors to it to give a better idea of what the final product would look like --

the boot cover is far to large. it needs to be no bigger than 4 inches tall and six inches wide. also try a 45 degree angle rather than a 90 on the bend. hope any of this helps :)

Looking good so far!

thankyou jbetts :)
the boot cover is far to large. it needs to be no bigger than 4 inches tall and six inches wide. also try a 45 degree angle rather than a 90 on the bend. hope any of this helps :)

I know exactly what you mean. The problem is, I'm wearing a pretty small (not wide) shoe as is and that boot cover pretty much just fits over it. Then again, I didn't do any bends like you said. But I dont really understand where you mean for the 45º angle to be, ??

For the boot your heading in the right direction, but the lace cover thing is a little large, Im not that great at building foam but when I built the boots I found it easier to use the 6mm foam that you get at Michaels along with a mixture of the eva foam floor mats. if you use the 6mm foam it keeps its shape, easy to cut and doesnt look so bulky for that shoe lace cover area, check out my foam build for pics of my boots to give you an idea of what im talking about

Pics of my boots in this thread, hope it helps some
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34564-Hyper-s-Noob-Foam-Reach-Armor-Build/page4

OOOOHHHHH!!!! So YOU'RE the one that bought my suit! XD haha

Do me a favor.....measure the length of your foot WITHOUT the shoe and let me know the measurement...........there is a slight chance you might be able to wear the boots I made without a shoe and since they are foam, they should be comfortable. :p

P.S: The attachment you are holding for the side of the helmet is upside down. XD The flat part should be at the top, not the bottom. :p

For the boot your heading in the right direction, but the lace cover thing is a little large, Im not that great at building foam but when I built the boots I found it easier to use the 6mm foam that you get at Michaels along with a mixture of the eva foam floor mats. if you use the 6mm foam it keeps its shape, easy to cut and doesnt look so bulky for that shoe lace cover area, check out my foam build for pics of my boots to give you an idea of what im talking about

Pics of my boots in this thread, hope it helps some
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34564-Hyper-s-Noob-Foam-Reach-Armor-Build/page4

Yeah I agree that it is large, the only thing is that I am doing a different (but somewhat similar) style of the reach boot. It is one that doesnt have a toe cover and instead the shoe you actually have on becomes the toe part of the boot. Unfortunately the size foam I have is the only one that I have access to because Vermont sucks as far as having stores like Michael's and Harbor freight around. Thankyou for the link to your build's shoes. Its really helpful to have references!

To give you clarity, these are the boots I am trying to scratch build -- these were made by "Zonbi" for a noble 6 reach build
Picture4-2.png

OOOOHHHHH!!!! So YOU'RE the one that bought my suit! XD haha

Do me a favor.....measure the length of your foot WITHOUT the shoe and let me know the measurement...........there is a slight chance you might be able to wear the boots I made without a shoe and since they are foam, they should be comfortable. :p

P.S: The attachment you are holding for the side of the helmet is upside down. XD The flat part should be at the top, not the bottom. :p

Haha yes its me. And my foot is...about 9 1/2 inches long without a shoe on. Also thankyou for clarifying the way that the helmet attachment goes! I could not figure it out at all :D

Only 9 1/2 without the shoe? Then yeah, you should be able to wear the boots I made without a shoe. My foot measures about 9 inches without a shoe, but wearing a slim, tight fitting shoe helps keep the boot more sturdy so it didn't wobble around on my foot since they are pretty wide.

You could try and add some padding on the inside on either side of your foot just so that the boot stays in place better. :)

Only 9 1/2 without the shoe? Then yeah, you should be able to wear the boots I made without a shoe. My foot measures about 9 inches without a shoe, but wearing a slim, tight fitting shoe helps keep the boot more sturdy so it didn't wobble around on my foot since they are pretty wide.

You could try and add some padding on the inside on either side of your foot just so that the boot stays in place better. :)

Excellent! I will definitely try that/I could easily put some foam on the inside-sides of it to make it a more snug fit. Nonetheless I am still playing around with making some foam boots just in case these ones dont work out. Getting used to working with foam and stuff, needless to say, I like it a lot better than pepakura.

so I did a couple of things. I unglued and reglued the base of the boot so that it would be slimmer so that I could then trim down the width of the boot cover. So you might notice that the boot cover is a little bit less wide than it was before. I went ahead and made part of the second boot. I also added a temporary strap thing to the back of the boot. I did it in two pieces, which is not what I plan on doing for the final strap, but i just did it to get an idea of how it looked before I went wasting a bunch of foam on the new strap.

So yeah, this is what I have. It looks weird with the converse I am wearing lol, the shoe that should be worn has a black toe area.

Picture8-2.png

Picture9-2.png

Picture10-1.png

Picture11-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back