Kensai's Halo-themed Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

Hello ladies and gents, I've been enjoying my stay here as the 405th's Lead Photoshop Artist and I decided to go back through some feedback from the last E-Zine and some PM's and emails I received about some of you wanting to get a better look at the artwork from the issue and any new pieces coming out. With The 405th Source Issue #2 right around the corner (Dec. 1st) I thought I would answer those who asked and give you a peek at an assortment of my artwork both Photoshop and traditional, I hope you enjoy. Please do not repost these anywhere without my permission:

Colored Pencil & Photoshop
kensaipaint.jpg

Photoshop
arby.jpg

Photoshop - Helljumper Artwork E-Zine Issue #2 (Sneak Peek - 3 days Early!)
-ODST Sketch by Di3sel
helljumper2.jpg

Photoshop - E-Zine Issue #1
h3hammer.jpg

Photoshop - E-Zine Issue #1 - Around The Ring
haloezine.jpg

Freehand & Very Minor Photoshopping
MC.jpg

Airbrush (Cellphone copy, but long story short someone wanted a Halo hoodie)
IMG_0048.jpg
]

Photoshop & Photography (Costumes property of BlueRealm Studios and www.405th.com)
covenant.jpg

Photoshop & Photography (Costumes property of BlueRealm Studios and www.405th.com)
adamdev1.jpg

Few 405th Signatures I've done:

helljumpersig.jpg

tlither.jpg

newsig1.jpg

Leave some feedback below, however, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Cheers,
Kensai

Very nice as always! They all look great. I like the hoodie. Didn't know you airbrushed as well.

tlither said:
Very nice as always! They all look great. I like the hoodie. Didn't know you airbrushed as well.

Oh... you know me... jack of all trades, king of none. ;)

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
Vampyredh said:
Nice work Looks like you got a good future in any art form you may choose, You definately have talent.

Gracias senor. I appreciate the compliment.

Cheers,
Kensai

You're mean for not making a tutorial for us less adept in Photoshop :p
Kidding, you should keep your recipe for artwork secret ;) I love the first one, I've forgotten that it's entirely possible to make coloured pencils look good!

Your last signature is just too awesome! :p The one with the Arbiter and a brush next to it is really super too!

The only thing I would say about your signature you have in all your posts is that you should try hiding the line between the image and the black. I think it would look better if you "smudge" it :p

You got skills. I just took a photoshop class at my school, trying to learn it. I love this program!

LastSpartan said:
Your last signature is just too awesome! :p The one with the Arbiter and a brush next to it is really super too!

The only thing I would say about your signature you have in all your posts is that you should try hiding the line between the image and the black. I think it would look better if you "smudge" it :p

You know... I thought I burnt that all away... upon getting really close to the screen I see what you're talking about. Thanks for the heads up LS lol.

As far as tutorials go, there are plenty of good tutorial sites, the best I can recommended is www.psdtuts.com
The downfall to following tutorials is it becomes hard to implement that stuff without punching in exact numbers, etc. Use them as a starter point not as a crutch. :)

Those of you looking for something similar to how I created the top two images: http://psdfan.com/designing/create-an-awes...xplosion-image/

Not exactly how I created those two images, close enough though.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:

halo3masterchiefbykaminqf6.jpg

Nice artowrk Kensai.. Though your first picture look's a lot like kamino's art work on DeviantArt.. Or are you kamino? I though kamino was a girl though.. Aside from that. Good stuff.

smilie120 said:
halo3masterchiefbykaminqf6.jpg

Nice artowrk Kensai.. Though your first picture look's a lot like kamino's art work on DeviantArt.. Or are you kamino? I though kamino was a girl though.. Aside from that. Good stuff.

Or maybe kamino's artwork looks alot like kensai's... ;)

Keegan said:
Or maybe kamino's artwork looks alot like kensai's... ;)

Kamino is indeed the original basis of that piece. Kamino did the original colored pencil section I did all the photoshopping, recoloring and shading of Kamino's piece with colored pencil. I asked fluffy and as long as something like more than 15% or more of the original is changed it becomes a new piece of art. Tricky business that copyright is, especially when you account technically Bungie owns all of these characters. Likewise for my screenshots I convert to art pieces, Hawty McBloggy supplies me with all those. It's nice when artists share a common passion and work together :).

Cheers,
Kensai

Really great stuff Joe, I knew you were an awesoem artist but.....this is a plessant surprise to find that you do more than Photoshop! Your skillz are unmatched as far as i'm concerned ^^

And dont forget that you are the mastermind behind the Q&A Team banners ;)

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Really great stuff Joe, I knew you were an awesoem artist but.....this is a plessant surprise to find that you do more than Photoshop! Your skillz are unmatched as far as i'm concerned ^^

And dont forget that you are the mastermind behind the Q&A Team banners ;)

Thanks Kelly, you gave me the description of what you wanted I was just your hands. Real credit for all my work belongs to bungie and ALL it's fans. Super kudos to my friend Hawty Mcbloggy, she's been invaluable to the e-zine and all 405th works.

Cheers,
Kensai

Does Kamino know that you have used that piece of work and claimed it as your own?

I understand the rules, I think its more than 20%, But if they're not aware that you've done it, and took the credit for yourself. Well that doesn't exactly "Apply".

The Stig said:
Does Kamino know that you have used that piece of work and claimed it as your own?

I understand the rules, I think its more than 20%, But if they're not aware that you've done it, and took the credit for yourself. Well that doesn't exactly "Apply".

Yes I e-mailed Kamino185 myself several days ago when I created the piece and informed her of how her art was being used and where it is being shown. All is A-Ok, back on topic please.

Cheers,
Kensai

Awww, I feel so dimwitted in Photoshop. xD
Very nice designs BTW, but I'd rather stick with good ole' vector.

(MsCommanderFluffy)
*Forgot to log out of Jack's account.

great f'ing work dude, i love your stuff, all mediums. really nice variey , great color usage, and your poses ring true to character. bungie is hiring ya know....
i cant wait to get a light tablet thingy so i can get used to photoshop.using just my mouse sucks and i look like Im having a seizure when i use just a mouse to do digi art. tell your secrets!
---chris
ps--we should collaborate on something, maybe Ill do an understructure of something and you can build it and make it look kick a$$.(not that you need me to make anything look kick arse..) just an idea, I love to collaborate. Ive got 2 or 3 projects in the works right now, so after the holidays if interested, pm me. later! get me that address dude!
---me again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back