Props Kevjohn's props!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevjohn

Hi everyone!

I plan on building a few props for my future builds, so this thread will be host of all photos and updates of my prop building!

Currently in my 3D printer, I have a M6C/SOCOM being printed!

Any comments and constructive criticism is welcomed!

Thanks all!

Currently about 50% completed with half the frame of the M6C/SOCOM. I’m happy with how the Ender 3 Pro is performing at the moment.
427F1ACC-8954-487B-97E8-90F3DF214D7C.jpeg

I think a two part epoxy is my plan, but I’m open to suggestions!
That should work great! I hear everybody likes JB weld on here. I used general caulk at first then I just got some Weld-On 16 Acrylic Cement. Apparently it's the best for PLA but I haven't used it yet because its cold outside and I'm assuming it smells. People also love their super glue.

I think a two part epoxy is my plan, but I’m open to suggestions!
CA glue (or super glue) with activator is my go to. Then I reinforce the inside with 2 part epoxy. I just can't bothered to hold pieces while glue dries which is why I use the quick stuff first.

So I was able to complete the rest of the prints between yesterday and today while at work.

Printed the barrel, slide, suppressor, laser, magazine release and magazine, and orange add on (which needs to be painted obviously.

next will be sanding, shaping and then adhering and painting.
03E2EF4D-6B0C-44B5-A91B-B767440E7EA2.jpeg

That should work great! I hear everybody likes JB weld on here. I used general caulk at first then I just got some Weld-On 16 Acrylic Cement. Apparently it's the best for PLA but I haven't used it yet because its cold outside and I'm assuming it smells. People also love their super glue.
I remember Harri51 also mentioning JB weld so I will check that out because I do have some readily available.
CA glue (or super glue) with activator is my go to. Then I reinforce the inside with 2 part epoxy. I just can't bothered to hold pieces while glue dries which is why I use the quick stuff first.
How do you mean? If you use super glue, how do you reinforce the inside with the epoxy? Like the edges with the super glue, then fill the inside of the line of super glue?

How do you mean? If you use super glue, how do you reinforce the inside with the epoxy? Like the edges with the super glue, then fill the inside of the line of super glue?
Say I was making a 3d printed helmet in pieces. I would put the CA glue on one piece and activator on the other and stick them together. Then I would pour epoxy overtop of all the seams on the inside of the helmet.

Say I was making a 3d printed helmet in pieces. I would put the CA glue on one piece and activator on the other and stick them together. Then I would pour epoxy overtop of all the seams on the inside of the helmet.
I understand now. I could do it with this, but I’d have to sand excess, so I’ll see what is best. I have small clamps to hold parts together. Assuming they’re flat on both sides.

I understand now. I could do it with this, but I’d have to sand excess, so I’ll see what is best. I have small clamps to hold parts together. Assuming they’re flat on both sides.
I'm planning on doing something similar. I been playing around with welding PLA filament onto seams with a hot end or plastic repair welder. This requires practice to get right though and a mask is required I think.

I'm planning on doing something similar. I been playing around with welding PLA filament onto seams with a hot end or plastic repair welder. This requires practice to get right though and a mask is required I think.
You can use a soldering iron but yes def use your PPE

I would recommend gloves that can handle heat well, and a mask is a great idea even if PLA is non toxic. I work with soldering a lot where I work, and I use dedicated filtered vacuum systems take care of the toxic lead solder smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back