1st Build Kitt's ODST Build Log

MarkTitan15

New Member
This is the first cosplay I made that is as game accurate as possible. Whereas my very first attempt was the DFT build and though it is awesome, I wantes something H3:ODST looking. So here is my progress thus far.

The shoulders aren't how I pictured them, but I like how they ended up looking. I would love constructive criticism as the thigh armor is becoming difficult. The woes of a thicc boi. I'll post more progress and works as I move forward. Until then, let me knownyour thoughts of the armor so far?
 

Attachments

  • 20200802_025851.jpg
    20200802_025851.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200802_031450.jpg
    20200802_031450.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

PlanetAlexander

Active Member
Looking good so far, would love to see some more shots! Have you sealed and painted the foam (like the chestplate)? If not, that'll help protect the foam and the paint, plus you could add some cool weathering to really make it look like metal (such as scratches on the edges).
 

MarkTitan15

New Member
Looking good so far, would love to see some more shots! Have you sealed and painted the foam (like the chestplate)? If not, that'll help protect the foam and the paint, plus you could add some cool weathering to really make it look like metal (such as scratches on the edges).
I did paint the chest, torso, and shoulders. Working on the belt, faulds, cod and butt pieces now. Just finished cutting out the belt, faulds and cod piece. And here is some more pictures of different angles. And yes! You're right, I do need to add some weathering to it. I wanted to wait until all my pieces are done so I can do it all in one go.
 

Attachments

  • 20200809_004203.jpg
    20200809_004203.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 20200809_004152.jpg
    20200809_004152.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20200807_195320.jpg
    20200807_195320.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200807_195332.jpg
    20200807_195332.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20200806_113304.jpg
    20200806_113304.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200727_233124.jpg
    20200727_233124.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200809_101424.jpg
    20200809_101424.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

MarkTitan15

New Member
Did some more sealing, prime, paint and enamel to these pieces. I'll be adding a strap of nylon to the thigh plates that will hang it off the belt and attack the faulds after. These are Sean Bradley thighs from his kit. My thighs needed to be resized on pepakura so I'll be taking MORE time with those. So Bradley's will be a place holder till they are done to my liking.
 

Attachments

  • 20200810_174656.jpg
    20200810_174656.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200810_174651.jpg
    20200810_174651.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200810_174643.jpg
    20200810_174643.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200810_174638.jpg
    20200810_174638.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200810_174634.jpg
    20200810_174634.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22

MarkTitan15

New Member
After some detail work on the suit, here is my progress thus far! Just need to work on the inner thigh plating, butt plate (gonna try and add a zipper so its a working fany pack for the wallet and phone) and the shin and boot covers.

(Also made an attempted to make the top part of Mickey's shoulder piece. Didn't come out so well, but looked nice. So kept it. Now I have 2 L shoulder pieces. Canon and my own flare.)
 

Attachments

  • 20200811_235237.jpg
    20200811_235237.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200811_235317.jpg
    20200811_235317.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 24
Top