Kotor Mandalorian Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datahar

Hi there after using this forum alot I decided to give something back to the community. As I was reading the KOTOR comics I was wanting to model Dyre's outfit.

So I decided for this to be my first model to pep creation and started with the helmet.

Proportion and shape wise it is as true to the comic as the ever differing references allow.

There are still 2 edges that need tidying up, along the cheek and an open edge that has appeared at the top (must be a misaligned vert on the symmetry.

My biggest concern are the respirator plugs Pepakura is deciding every line on them are open, Max says otherwise and I do not know what I need to do to make Pep happy

Any comments would be welcome, thanks

Helmet PDO Link

Knee Pad PDO Link

(The 3D view in Pepakura shows this piece as upside down)

Shoulder Pads PDO Link

Also included is a pulse pistol from farscape that I just re-unfolded (model found off the internet)

Farscape Pulse Pistol PDO

dude rohlan dyre helmet badass bro love that the look of it cant wait to see what pep file looks like good jod bro

I found the right button in Pepakura and my open edges were solved

I noticed halfway through unfolding it that the respirator ends have ended up double sided, I had gone to far to lose all my unfold so I hope it is an easy work around

If anyone were to make this, I would recommend building those parts first to avoid duplicating work

I tried to keep things organised in the pdo but this being my first proper unfold I cant promise clarity lol

currently scaled at 27cm on 12 A4 pages

PDO available to download here

If there is any interest in it I will make the full armor

Thanks for the comments, hope someone enjoys the file, If anyone builds it I would love to see it

Sick pep, i just thought this would be a nice addition to the thread to those less familiar with Star Wars :)

KotoR___Rohlan_Dyre_by_SteveArgyle.jpg

Kodorei said:
Sick pep, i just thought this would be a nice addition to the thread to those less familiar with Star Wars :)

KotoR___Rohlan_Dyre_by_SteveArgyle.jpg

Ha awesome, this is the picture that inspired me to start this project

some nice HD references for the armor parts too

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also love to see a set of armor in Pepakura, what era of the Star Wars Universe is this from...I am assuming this predates the Fetts (Jango and Bobba)?

dkaneil said:
I would also love to see a set of armor in Pepakura, what era of the Star Wars Universe is this from...I am assuming this predates the Fetts (Jango and Bobba)?

Hi it is from the KOTOR Era, It was getting out of date when the mandalorians were at war with the republic, just before Malak and Revan

Datahar said:
Hi there after using this forum alot I decided to give something back to the community. As I was reading the KOTOR comics I was wanting to model Dyre's outfit.

So I decided for this to be my first model to pep creation and started with the helmet.

Proportion and shape wise it is as true to the comic as the ever differing references allow.

There are still 2 edges that need tidying up, along the cheek and an open edge that has appeared at the top (must be a misaligned vert on the symmetry.

My biggest concern are the respirator plugs Pepakura is deciding every line on them are open, Max says otherwise and I do not know what I need to do to make Pep happy

Any comments would be welcome, thanks

Helmet PDO Link

Knee Pad PDO Link

(The 3D view in Pepakura shows this piece as upside down)

Also included is a pulse pistol from farscape that I just re-unfolded (model found off the internet)

Farscape Pulse Pistol PDO

the knee pad link doesnt work

Nice Job, it's nice to see something other than a boba or jango style armor (not that they don't look cool, they are just everywhere).

I would like to see this armor become a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back